Android 5.0 update forAT&T Galaxy Alpha (G850A) is out

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
1GB of download size. Downloading right now.

Android 5.0.2. That's about the only thing I noticed so far.

Last edited:

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Don't expect miracles. It will take a few days to judge the battery life.

I click the software update by mistake and it started to donwload the lollipop updatw. I paused it at 14% bc i dnt wanna update it. Do you think right now if I factory reset my fone it will stop the updating proces?

Posted via the Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It took quite a while to download the whole thing (1GB in size). Once it downloaded, it will ask you whether to apply the update or postpone it. I don't know how many times it will prompt you for applying the update before it just go ahead applying it.

The_Newtype

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Make sure you at least do a cache wipe in Recovery if not a FDR.

??????Welcome to the Dark. From the Note IV

Unfortunately, I've already done both. No success.

This device now has limited functionality; I'm pretty much at the mercy of AT&T to release an update or swap the phone.

This is precisely the reason I do not use carrier devices as my primary units. What a headache.

The_Newtype

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Make sure you at least do a cache wipe in Recovery if not a FDR.

??????Welcome to the Dark. From the Note IV

Unfortunately, neither of those things worked. Did them three times each. The phone now has limited functionality; I'm probably at the mercy of AT&T releasing another update.

If anyone has any other ideas, I'm all ears.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Get a warranty replacement from AT&T device center. This is no fault of yours. This is the only good thing buying a carrier branded phone: you get 1-year warranty service directly from AT&T, either via mail exchange or local device center.

The_Newtype

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Get a warranty replacement from AT&T device center. This is no fault of yours. This is the only good thing buying a carrier branded phone: you get 1-year warranty service directly from AT&T, either via mail exchange or local device center.

Yeah, I may have to go that route. I really wanted to try to fix it, but, this looks like a fool's errand.

Last edited:

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Back on topic. I noticed that now I can use finger print as my screen unlock. Previously, due to my work place exchange policy, it locks down available options for screen unlock. I can only use PIN or password IIRC. Now I can use finger print but it requires me to do so every time I unlock the screen which is annoying. On top of that, half of the lock screen is the stupid keyboard for typing unlock password in case finger print doesn't work. That removes almost all the info that used to occupy the lock screen.

With PIN unlock, it only requires PIN when idle after a certain time period.

tigerpierre

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the Lollipop update this morning and took about 1.5 hours! I restarted my phone after the download was complete. Seems to be running pretty smooth. The only issue I'm having is bluetooth compatibility in the car (keeps connecting-disconnecting-connecting). I reinstalled my phone again and will see what happens on the ride later.

mastalee

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone experiencing the heart rate monitor light coming on whenever you put the phone in your pocket or cover the sensor without the apps running?

Lynne Duchock

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
So far the color scheme, and the email notifications on my lock screen are the most irritating. I know I can't change the colors, but what about the email notification? Like it gives part of the email on the lock screen.