[GALAXY A5] What to do to come back to normal unrooted? (Can't receive OTA's)

Zumbo97

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

My objective here is to reset my phone to a level where I can update it OTA again.

I'll try to best explain my scenario here, so bear with me. In the past months I bought this new phone the Samsung Galaxy A5 and I didn't know it's Android L hadn't been released yet. Without this knowledge I searched the internet for some way to make my Android 4.4.4 look more like a 5.0 (I obviously did not know of launchers). For some reason I tricked myself to believe that if I rooted my device I would be able to get this done, but immediately after I was finished with the rooting proccess with Odin I got scared and tried to unroot it through Odin again with what may have been a firmware from another country, but with as many similar firmware info as that the original had. Since then I discovered that the devs finished Android L for the device and it had been rolling-out, but I couldn't download it through OTA (I believe that is due me voiding the warranty by both rooting and flashing the firmware). I've tried flashing it back to the Stock ROM (carefully searching the internet for a version that were both from my country and from my carrier), but it still won't allow for me to update it OTA. I've also looked up on the internet how to reset the binary counter but there were two main reasons I haven't done it: 1. I'm done taking risks like those; and 2. I rooted my device one last time to have a look at the info that the Triangle Away app would give me about such subject and apparently my counter is at 0.

For ease of understanding I will also attach some screenshots I took from my device's info:

121071_Screenshot_2015-06-16-19-43-45.png 220685_Screenshot_2015-06-16-19-44-22.png

Last edited:

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Wait for the OTA ROM to leak. That's probably your only chance. Now you know rooting isn't that much of fun. I have not rooted any of my Android phones in recent years. Instead, if a phone does not meet your expectation out of box, return it. Rooting doesn't necessary resolve the issues and custom ROMs are just a crap shoot.

My guess is that you probably didn't flash the real stock firmware for your phone. Samsung have some many variants for the same phone, it is not easy to locate the correct one.

On top of that, AT&T in US now even requires you to have an AT&T SIM in it in order to receive OTA update.

Zumbo97

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Well I recently discovered that, in fact, the OTA for my country has not even been launched (on that note, I would like to add that I don't live in the US and the policy from my carrier is probably a little different form AT&T's but I digress).

However, it was a pain to find the right source to inform me of these news and apparently my only (and safest) choice is to keep my phone the way it is right now and try to flash the new firmware ROM as soon as it leaks, as you mentioned. Thank you for your input kind sir...

Now, now if anyone could explain me how do I mark this thread as ANSWERED, I would be grateful.

victor serrano

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Well I recently discovered that, in fact, the OTA for my country has not even been launched (on that note, I would like to add that I don't live in the US and the policy from my carrier is probably a little different form AT&T's but I digress).

However, it was a pain to find the right source to inform me of these news and apparently my only (and safest) choice is to keep my phone the way it is right now and try to flash the new firmware ROM as soon as it leaks, as you mentioned. Thank you for your input kind sir...

Now, now if anyone could explain me how do I mark this thread as ANSWERED, I would be grateful.

Hello such friend is not if you still have this phone or get it on SamMobile web update you on today version 6.0.1 for A5 that can be installed manually with Odin are official ROMs and not have problems. I wanted to ask you came to have the counter flashing to 0x1? because I'm from Spain and I did not understand if you had a 0x1 and got away with triangle set it to 0 hope your answer thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty