1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Daynote Notepad Not Working

When I open my smart-cover Daynote opens, showing a calender and notepad.

Just recently the notepad has turned dark blue and is unresponsive (i.e. I can't write anything on it).

Some other users have reported this same problem here:

Despite what it says in one of the posts, Daynote does not appear in the Application Manager list, so I can't clear its data, so I've had no success with the fixes mentioned. Can anybody help, please?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Daynote Notepad Not Working-daynote.jpg  

Global Posts
    13,859 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Daynote Notepad Not Working

Quote Originally Posted by David Forrest View Post
    When I open my smart-cover Daynote opens, showing a calender and notepad.

Just recently the notepad has turned dark blue and is unresponsive (i.e. I can't write anything on it).

Some other users have reported this same problem here:

Despite what it says in one of the posts, Daynote does not appear in the Application Manager list, so I can't clear its data, so I've had no success with the fixes mentioned. Can anybody help, please?
    Welcome to the forums.
    Have you emailed the developer about this?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Have you emailed the developer about this?
    Thanks for the welcome.

No, I haven't contacted the developer. Good question though. Since this app doesn't appear in the Application Manager I have no details about it, including its developer. It doesn't appear in the Apps or Widgets lists either; it just starts up when the smart-cover is opened. All I know is how to enable and disable it.

Global Posts
    13,859 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Thanks for the welcome.

No, I haven't contacted the developer. Good question though. Since this app doesn't appear in the Application Manager I have no details about it, including its developer. It doesn't appear in the Apps or Widgets lists either; it just starts up when the smart-cover is opened. All I know is how to enable and disable it.
    Try Settings>apps?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Try Settings>apps?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    That's Settings>General>Applications Manager. Daynote doesn't appear in the list of apps installed. So I can't clear any files or cache; nor can I uninstall and reinstall it.

Global Posts
    13,859 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

That's Settings>General>Applications Manager. Daynote doesn't appear in the list of apps installed. So I can't clear any files or cache; nor can I uninstall and reinstall it.
    You got it from Play?

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

You got it from Play?
    No, it came pre-installed.

Global Posts
    13,859 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

No, it came pre-installed.
    Ok, perhaps clearing cache in recovery? Do you know how?

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Ok, perhaps clearing cache in recovery? Do you know how?
    I'm not quite sure what you mean.

I've gone to Settings>General>Storage and got the following screen:

Daynote Notepad Not Working-screenshot.png

Tapping "Cached data" gives me the option to clear cached data for all apps. Tapping "Miscellaneous files" seems to list a bunch of folders/apps and the size of associated data files. Ticking the check-boxes will allow me to delete the associated files. I've tried clearing everything, but to no avail. Daynote doesn't appear in this list.

Global Posts
    13,859 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

I've gone to Settings>General>Storage and got the following screen:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	99831

Tapping "Cached data" gives me the option to clear cached data for all apps. Tapping "Miscellaneous files" seems to list a bunch of folders/apps and the size of associated data files. Ticking the check-boxes will allow me to delete the associated files. I've tried clearing everything, but to no avail. Daynote doesn't appear in this list.
    Sorry...being pulled in several directions. Powering down and rebooting into recovery to clear the system cache. I am not sure if this method will work for your device but typical Samsungs work like this: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Sorry...being pulled in several directions. Powering down and rebooting into recovery to clear the system cache. I am not sure if this method will work for your device but typical Samsungs work like this: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    Eureka. I found the answer on a French forum.

When I originally went into Application Manager all I could see was "Downloaded" and "SD Card" at the top of the page. The French forum said to look for "All". So I tried scrolling right and found "Running" apps and finally "All" apps. Daynote was in this last list. From there I could clear the data and the cache. That brought back the notepad.

This problem seems to have hit a few users, so I hope this post helps others.

Thanks for your link regarding recovery mode. I'll take a look; you never know when this stuff will come in handy.
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    13,859 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Eureka. I found the answer on a French forum.

When I originally went into Application Manager all I could see was "Downloaded" and "SD Card" at the top of the page. The French forum said to look for "All". So I tried scrolling right and found "Running" apps and finally "All" apps. Daynote was in this last list. From there I could clear the data and the cache. That brought back the notepad.

This problem seems to have hit a few users, so I hope this post helps others.

Thanks for your link regarding recovery mode. I'll take a look; you never know when this stuff will come in handy.
    Thanks for posting that. I keep forgetting to say something about swiping over to running or all apps.

Daynote not working.......blue screen too.......went to all applications, found daynote. Can clear data an cache, by doing this it will clear the application completely. How do I reinstall? Came pre installed Samsung note 10.1 2014....I'm new to this tech world .

Cleaning data and cache does not uninstall your programs. Try it.

Thanks for the thread. I cleared the cache and fixed the problem on my note 2014.

I had the same issue and clearing it's data in app manager helped me.
    Settings> General> Application Manager> (will say "DOWNLOADED", swipe screen from right to left until you get to "ALL" meaning all apps on device) find Daynote and clear data.

Here the solution for that
    Goto
    Settings> General> Application Manager>ALL find Daynote and clear data.

Have u went into recovery and just wiped cache? If you don't have a custom recovery I would still try wiping cache.

Posted via Android Central App

Youre telling me that you don't see this?

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Daynote Notepad Not Working-1394980508645.jpg  

1.000 thanks for the solution./ Timo from Finland

FYI for those not aware...

Daynotes is tripped on when you open cover of a smart cover..... There is a area on screen about about 3 inches from left side of screen and about 2 inches from top edge (when tablet is in landscape mode) the is magnetically sensitive.... This is where cover magnet trips day notes on when it is active.... Try and wave small magnet across this area (not touching screen) and it will do some screen flashes and bring up Daynotes....

Dale
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

My Calendar started losing all data after a long sleep. It took a reboot to get it back.

When I disabled Day Note, the Calendar was OK again.

After reading this thread, I deleted Day Note data and re-enabled it.
    Seems to be working so far.