Daynote Notepad Not Working

David Forrest

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
When I open my smart-cover Daynote opens, showing a calender and notepad.

Just recently the notepad has turned dark blue and is unresponsive (i.e. I can't write anything on it).

Some other users have reported this same problem here: Daynote broken with smart covers? - xda-developers

Despite what it says in one of the posts, Daynote does not appear in the Application Manager list, so I can't clear its data, so I've had no success with the fixes mentioned. Can anybody help, please?

Attachments

• Daynote.jpg
    Daynote.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 59

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When I open my smart-cover Daynote opens, showing a calender and notepad.

Just recently the notepad has turned dark blue and is unresponsive (i.e. I can't write anything on it).

Some other users have reported this same problem here: Daynote broken with smart covers? - xda-developers

Despite what it says in one of the posts, Daynote does not appear in the Application Manager list, so I can't clear its data, so I've had no success with the fixes mentioned. Can anybody help, please?

Welcome to the forums.
Have you emailed the developer about this?

David Forrest

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
Have you emailed the developer about this?

Thanks for the welcome.

No, I haven't contacted the developer. Good question though. Since this app doesn't appear in the Application Manager I have no details about it, including its developer. It doesn't appear in the Apps or Widgets lists either; it just starts up when the smart-cover is opened. All I know is how to enable and disable it.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome.

No, I haven't contacted the developer. Good question though. Since this app doesn't appear in the Application Manager I have no details about it, including its developer. It doesn't appear in the Apps or Widgets lists either; it just starts up when the smart-cover is opened. All I know is how to enable and disable it.

Try Settings>apps?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

David Forrest

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Ok, perhaps clearing cache in recovery? Do you know how?

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

I've gone to Settings>General>Storage and got the following screen:

Screenshot.png

Tapping "Cached data" gives me the option to clear cached data for all apps. Tapping "Miscellaneous files" seems to list a bunch of folders/apps and the size of associated data files. Ticking the check-boxes will allow me to delete the associated files. I've tried clearing everything, but to no avail. Daynote doesn't appear in this list.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not quite sure what you mean.

I've gone to Settings>General>Storage and got the following screen:

View attachment 99831

Tapping "Cached data" gives me the option to clear cached data for all apps. Tapping "Miscellaneous files" seems to list a bunch of folders/apps and the size of associated data files. Ticking the check-boxes will allow me to delete the associated files. I've tried clearing everything, but to no avail. Daynote doesn't appear in this list.

Sorry...being pulled in several directions. Powering down and rebooting into recovery to clear the system cache. I am not sure if this method will work for your device but typical Samsungs work like this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

David Forrest

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Sorry...being pulled in several directions. Powering down and rebooting into recovery to clear the system cache. I am not sure if this method will work for your device but typical Samsungs work like this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Eureka. I found the answer on a French forum.

When I originally went into Application Manager all I could see was "Downloaded" and "SD Card" at the top of the page. The French forum said to look for "All". So I tried scrolling right and found "Running" apps and finally "All" apps. Daynote was in this last list. From there I could clear the data and the cache. That brought back the notepad.

This problem seems to have hit a few users, so I hope this post helps others.

Thanks for your link regarding recovery mode. I'll take a look; you never know when this stuff will come in handy.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Eureka. I found the answer on a French forum.

When I originally went into Application Manager all I could see was "Downloaded" and "SD Card" at the top of the page. The French forum said to look for "All". So I tried scrolling right and found "Running" apps and finally "All" apps. Daynote was in this last list. From there I could clear the data and the cache. That brought back the notepad.

This problem seems to have hit a few users, so I hope this post helps others.

Thanks for your link regarding recovery mode. I'll take a look; you never know when this stuff will come in handy.

Thanks for posting that. I keep forgetting to say something about swiping over to running or all apps.

Terri Wolinetz

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Daynote not working.......blue screen too.......went to all applications, found daynote. Can clear data an cache, by doing this it will clear the application completely. How do I reinstall? Came pre installed Samsung note 10.1 2014....I'm new to this tech world .

bribri_22

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue and clearing it's data in app manager helped me.
Settings> General> Application Manager> (will say "DOWNLOADED", swipe screen from right to left until you get to "ALL" meaning all apps on device) find Daynote and clear data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty