Virus on new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Tablet

salster

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I bought this tablet only a month or so ago, and have received a virus warning. I'm not very savvy about computers or the internet, and backed out of what might have been an android message to isolate it. I guess I was worried that I might be tricked into activating something. I think it was called tapsnake? I now find that I cant log on the the internet at all with this galaxy tab, in order to download an antivirus software to fix the problem. I also have a macbook pro laptop which I'm using to ask this question. I'd be most grateful for any advice about how to fix this.

Many thanks, Sal

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you remember what the "warning" said? Chances are that it was some bogus popup warning from a website that is trying to lure you into installing a bogus antivirus app that will likely try to steal information from you.

I assume you're trying to connect to the web via wifi on your tablet. Does it detect your network? Review this guide if you're having difficulty with wifi: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38