Can't receive text messages

blacter

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have an international Note 2 (N7100) that I use on AT&T. Sometime within the last day or two the phone stopped receiving text messages, although it still has no problem sending them. I've tried all the easy stuff: restarting, reseating the SIM, using a different messaging app. So far no luck. Any ideas?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have an international Note 2 (N7100) that I use on AT&T. Sometime within the last day or two the phone stopped receiving text messages, although it still has no problem sending them. I've tried all the easy stuff: restarting, reseating the SIM, using a different messaging app. So far no luck. Any ideas?
are you sure your APN settings are correct?

Phonejock

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I have same phone and use it on att and had exact same thing happen. ATT wont help you much with it since its an unlocked phone I spent an hour talking to them trying I even got a new sim card and would not work. Only thing worked was to rest my phone....it sucks but only thing that worked for me. If you find something that works let us know in case it happens again to mine.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

blacter

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. I also spent quite a while on the phone with AT&T tech support, but no dice. Phonejock, you said "rest" your phone. I assume you meant to type "reset." I tried that but it didn't work for me.

I'll check the APN settings now and post again if I figure out how to get it fixed.

blacter

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, my phone randomly fixed itself last night, coughing up three days worth of text messages late at night. Not only was I asleep, but I had loaded a second message app as part of my troubleshooting, so the beeps and flashing lights kept on for a while. No clue what fixed it unfortunately.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, my phone randomly fixed itself last night, coughing up three days worth of text messages late at night. Not only was I asleep, but I had loaded a second message app as part of my troubleshooting, so the beeps and flashing lights kept on for a while. No clue what fixed it unfortunately.

Probably not the phone but a carrier issue.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Phonejock

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
See I thought carrier issue...but as soon as I put my sim in another phone I got 54 text with in 20 seconds. And I meant reset lol.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty