Stupid Iphones

jrog28

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I noticed half the the time a friend that I know has an iphone, the text comes in as an mms even though its just a short text. No biggie but it is kind of irritating. Anyone else experience this?

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I hate that too......
Most of the time the person who is sending the text to you is sending it as a multi-text and that is why its coming in on a andriod phone as a MMS.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
This is one area where I think we shouldn't brag too much. Every time someone sends me pictures on my Note2 as an MMS, they show up as some sort of quasi-video slide show. When I had an iphone, they showed up as individual pictures, which was much better.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I think it's like that for all Android phones.
At least on the last 4 Android phones I've owned. If the person using an iPhone sends a pic, I can it as a mms message without a problem. If they decide to send text along with the image, it will come as a slide show. ...or if they send multiple pictures. I hate it, because the slide show preview is so slow, and not user friendly at all!
I would like to know if it's an issue only from iPhone devices. I don't know anyone with a Windows phone to test it out, and people I know that have older Blackberry phones can't send more than one photo at a time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
This is one area where I think we shouldn't brag too much. Every time someone sends me pictures on my Note2 as an MMS, they show up as some sort of quasi-video slide show. When I had an iphone, they showed up as individual pictures, which was much better.

This isn't directly an Android issue, it's a firmware problem. On HTC phones, these image MMS messages come through as you described they do for the iPhone, as just a plain image you can open and look at accompanied with text in the messaging app. For the Samsung, at least the Note 2, the stock messaging app opens all MMS as a sort of video file. The only way around this using stock software is to send the photo alone with no text, then send the text after in it's own SMS.

Besides that, root your phone and install a different messaging app like an AOSP one. Not ideal, but it works.