When is the auto spacing feature going to be fixed on the Note 2?

A

AC Question

Double auto spacing

When are you guys gonna FIX the auto spacing feature Galaxy note 2,, Basically since one of the updates, I cant remember which ? The auto spacing feature whilst texting etc Now jumps two spaces instead of one !!! Its really annoying

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Double auto spacing

Welcome to the forums. We are not affiliated with Google, nor Samsung. We are all Android users who enjoy talking about our devices, and trying to help others with issues.

However, to try to fix your situation: If you go to Settings>language and input, click on your keyboard, there should be a settings option. A double space might be in there.

Another solution would be to try a different keyboard. Google makes a free one, or Swiftkey is very popular too.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Are you asking us specifically, or is that a rhetorical question? You know that we're not directly affiliated with Google or Samsung, right?:)

Are you saying that after each word it automatically inserts two spaces? Or does that happen after periods only? Try doing a cache partition wipe, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11018

Paul Hill

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site

Yes it automatically inserts two spaces instead of one. Why would I want to try another free keyboard when the one I was using was working fine until the update !!! And Noooooooo Guys I didn't know that you were not affiliated "Sorry".
Its just really frustrating and all there is in the keyboard settings option is to untick a box for auto spacing "On or OFF" not one or two spaces

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yes it automatically inserts two spaces instead of one. Why would I want to try another free keyboard when the one I was using was working fine until the update !!! And Noooooooo Guys I didn't know that you were not affiliated "Sorry".
Its just really frustrating and all there is in the keyboard settings option is to untick a box for auto spacing "On or OFF" not one or two spaces

Golf was just trying to help.

Why try another free keyboard? Because the one you like was upgraded and that doesn't work for you .. so the best thing to do would be to try something else. Unfortunately that is just the way it is.

Paul Hill

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site

Its the keyboard that came installed on the phone and I want to fix the the problem not just install another one

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

You could try to "uninstall updates" for the keyboard. Before that clear the app cache and see if it makes a difference. That's a different thing that wiping the cache partition.

Paul Hill

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site

Golf was just trying to help.

Why try another free keyboard? Because the one you like was upgraded and that doesn't work for you .. so the best thing to do would be to try something else. Unfortunately that is just the way it is.

I do appreciate the help people . but saying stuff like "thats just the way it is"....Is like me saying to my customers !!! Whats the point !!

Paul Hill

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site

You could try to "uninstall updates" for the keyboard. Before that clear the app cache and see if it makes a difference. That's a different thing that wiping the cache partition.
How do I go about uninstalling updates for the Samsung Keyboard ? Please

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I do appreciate the help people . but saying stuff like "thats just the way it is"....Is like me saying to my customers !!! Whats the point !!

Sometimes you have to say that to customers if it is out of your hands. At my job I have heard complaints about it being slow mid day .. And that is just the way it is. Everyone is online and the bandwidth gets strained.

We don't program for Google so therefore we can't fix the issue .. They changed how the function works. That is out of our hands. The only way to get the function you want back is to use something else. If we programmed the actual keyboard I could see your point .. but we don't... so we can't change how Google changed it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Well, we don't control what an OEM does to the Android OS, so if they want to tweak it, they can its open source(ish) and with that you have choices, stock Android via Motorola or Nexus (Moto does Pure Android) or another Android OEM that does what you want. It won't help to get angry over honest answers.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried a factory data reset? Not really sure what else to suggest since you don't want to use a third party keyboard

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Yes it automatically inserts two spaces instead of one.

The question was if the keyboard inserts two spaces instead of one after each word, or if it was only after periods. I'm going to assume for now that you meant it's inserting two spaces after every word, which is obviously not normal.

Are you tap-typing, or swipe-typing? If you swipe-type and auto-space is on, then when you release your finger to accept the word you just swiped, the space should be added. I want to be sure--you're not pressing the space bar after releasing your finger from the screen, are you? Because if auto-space is on, then your tapping the space bar after swiping a word would add an additional space to the one that was just automatically placed there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana