Galaxy Note 3 - How do I stop phone from waking up in my pocket?

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Have Dashclock as my lockscreen.

Also have NotifierPro installed which sends banners when text, mail, messages arrive.

Phone always wakes up in my pocket and I end up having some app running because of the pocket friction.

Now, I have told NotifierPro in settings not to wake up.

Is there some other reason the lockscreen keeps waking up? How can I prevent it from doing so

Thanks

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Had the same problem w my note2 its because the home button is easily activated.. It drove me nuts..

Using my Moto Droid Maxx

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Ditto, I found using a case helped. Even a neo hybrid, having a small lip seemed to stop this from happening for the most part?

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had issues with turning it on while it's in my pocket, but I do have issues with hitting the home button when I'm putting it in or taking it out of my pocket. I basically end up with the same issue of inadvertantly starting apps too. I would love to change the functionality of the home button. Then I'd never have to see My Magazine again.

Clickbeast

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm kind of an android noob, but I know there's "proximity" features on the note 3. Maybe it's thinking the phone is near your face? I wish I could provide more info. I think i disabled these proximity features, so it's not giving me issues.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wear loose jeans.. So.. It's impossible for this to happen.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to disable the home button to wake the phone? Still shocked that turning the screen on will allow the phone to unlock. Dont you still need to swipe after waking the screen with or without a lock? You could enable the lockscreen as well.

ToukoAkimoto

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, and its certainly not any button pushing on the phone causing it, as I have it standing in its dock on my desk, charging.

I put it in the dock, press the lock key to send it to sleep, and at random intervals, the display will light up and display the lock screen, even though nobody touched it.
I put it back to sleep and sometimes it takes not even 10 seconds and it wakes up again.

Last edited:

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had issues with turning it on while it's in my pocket, but I do have issues with hitting the home button when I'm putting it in or taking it out of my pocket. I basically end up with the same issue of inadvertantly starting apps too. I would love to change the functionality of the home button. Then I'd never have to see My Magazine again.

I think day 2 saw My Magazine out of the picture.

Sent via my Note 8

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

Sent via my Note 8

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem, and its certainly not any button pusing on the phone causing it, as I have it standing in its dock on my desk, charging.

I put it in the dock, press the lock key to send it to sleep, and at random intervals, the display will light up and display the lock screen, even though nobody touched it.
I put it back to sleep and sometimes it takes not even 10 seconds and it wakes up again.

The screen lights back up when the device is fully charged and will stay lit for a time, as long as it remains plugged in. I haven't had it turn back on after I put it back to sleep though.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using AC Forums mobile app

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Have Dashclock as my lockscreen.

Also have NotifierPro installed which sends banners when text, mail, messages arrive.

Phone always wakes up in my pocket and I end up having some app running because of the pocket friction.

Now, I have told NotifierPro in settings not to wake up.

Is there some other reason the lockscreen keeps waking up? How can I prevent it from doing so

Thanks

Face your screen in. Stops bumping and protects the screen from breaking