Magnets in flip cases

jrisch

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I won't have my Note 3 till next week but I have been trawling the web looking for accessories and in particular cases for it.

I prefer a flip-style case and many of these are closed by a flap with either a magnet in the flap or a magnet in the front cover to a strip of metal in the flap. In amongst the reviews of these cases, I've seen a few negative comments that the magnet close to the screen is affecting the Note 3's S-Pen or even causing random reboots. A few of these reviews are listed below:
Amazon.co.uk: D. Rounding's review of Orzly? - Multi-Function Wallet Case for GA...
Amazon.co.uk: J. Kowalski's review of Orzly? - Multi-Function Wallet Case for GA...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1UJ9CKJT5XKIH
Amazon.co.uk: JCM's review of aLLreli Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Ultra Slim /...

I won't be taking any risks with my new expensive device and will be avoiding cases with magnets close to the screen, but wonder what experience any of you have had with these types of case.

Regards, jrisch

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I had a magnet catch on the case for my original note. After it created an area where it was like a warped zone and the circular area was a dead giveaway to the culprit, I removed the magnet and glued a thin piece of velcro on it which worked fine. It's just better to be safe than sorry.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, I carry my Note 3 in a Spigen Bounce case, and that is enclosed in a flip wallet type case with a magnetic flap. I have no problems. What is the deal with magnets and the smartphone? Because on my sportbike, I usually have a magnetic tank bag, and will be storing my phone in the bag.

jrisch

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I have mine in a belt pouch with magnetic flap and I don't have any problem...

I guess the distance to the magnet is critical. Also the reviews I quoted above are selected from a lot of reviews of the two products, most of which were positive. I've no idea why just a few would experience the problem. I asked Samsun but they refused to comment on other manufacturers products.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non