App issue - can someone else try or tell me what I can try to fix it

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a trip out to Jackson Hole in a month or so, and downloaded Jackson Hole Tapped, and another app. JHT is a major battery drain, and seems to be coming on all on its own. I noticed my battery life sucking, and when I check the data, it is pulling more juice than even my screen is. So, I go and force stop it, and it works, until Surprise, it has started up on its own again.

I can't figure out any other way to control when it is on or off. I have deleted it for the time being, and hoping that they find a fix for it.

Wondering if anyone else can try it and see if it does the same, or if you have an idea of what settings to change. I can normally get a day and a half or two days out of my battery. And I can still get it, now that I have removed the app.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Best thing is to contact the developer. Did you go to the app manager and disable the notifications? You can also try to install another App manager that will keep that app in check.

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Best thing is to contact the developer. Did you go to the app manager and disable the notifications? You can also try to install another App manager that will keep that app in check.

I have an email out to them. I didn't have any notifications posting. I would go in and force shut down, and it would pop back up. I haven't had any other issues, so wasn't wanting to mess with an app manager. Everything else has been working fine.

putsometrebleinit

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a trip out to Jackson Hole in a month or so, and downloaded Jackson Hole Tapped, and another app. JHT is a major battery drain, and seems to be coming on all on its own. I noticed my battery life sucking, and when I check the data, it is pulling more juice than even my screen is. So, I go and force stop it, and it works, until Surprise, it has started up on its own again.

I can't figure out any other way to control when it is on or off. I have deleted it for the time being, and hoping that they find a fix for it.

Wondering if anyone else can try it and see if it does the same, or if you have an idea of what settings to change. I can normally get a day and a half or two days out of my battery. And I can still get it, now that I have removed the app.

First and foremost... War Eagle!!!! Could it possibly be something that is waking up to check for a location? Lots of apps like that misbehave when they have location and gps tracking enabled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
First and foremost... War Eagle!!!! Could it possibly be something that is waking up to check for a location? Lots of apps like that misbehave when they have location and gps tracking enabled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

War Eagle.

I assumed it might be tied to the GPS on the App. I normally leave all that on, since the battery life is so good on the phone, and I had not needed to do anything to save the battery. Maybe I will download it again, and turn GPS off. I wish I could control when it needed GPS.