Camera videos won't tilt on pc/youtube

suiken01

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Ok I took some videos and transfered them to pc, was viewing them with VLC but some parts they are tilted 90 degrees (I guess when I held the camera to record in vertical it won't adjust after you transfer the file on pc/youtube? but it will automatically adjusts it when you had the video in your phone coz the phone adjusts it. So I guess if I want to upload to youtube or view them in pc later....I can't hold the phone vertically from now on? only horizontally????) is there a way to fix it in setting or something??? thanks for your help

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
If I'm reading this correctly, you're recording videos vertically and transferring them to your PC, and they are not rotating properly? If you record in vertical are they showing horizontally and vice versa?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Google has made an effort to encourage people to take videos in landscape mode, since the general consensus is portrait mode (vertical) videos are difficult to watch. If you use Google Camera, you may notice that if you try to take a video in portrait mode, you'll see an icon that encourages you to change to landscape.

To rotate your videos saved in YouTube, you can go to your YouTube page on the browser, click on your avatar at the upper right and then click Creator Studio. Now select the video you want to rotate, click on Enhancements, and then click on the Rotate Left or Rotate Right button.

suiken01

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I see so take the video in landscape mode since portrait will stay portrait (tilted 90 degress) when you you transfer to pc. also thanks very much for the youtube tip! actually in pc you can also tilt it with some programs I bet? (if the entire clip is in portrait)

however this is my problem, I want to upload this video to youtube, most of the time the video is in landscape but few seconds I tilt it to portrait mode, I guess it's hard to fix that huh? I guess I can either delete the portrait scenes in phone (can note 3 do that?) or delete the portrait scene on youtube (can youtube do that?) thanks a lot for your help and thanks for the welcomes!!!!!

suiken01

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
thanks! I will just record in landscape since all the viewing devices will be in landscape mode mostly.

I can't find the delete button, is it one of the icons?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
thanks! I will just record in landscape since all the viewing devices will be in landscape mode mostly.

I can't find the delete button, is it one of the icons?
Click edit, and at the bottom of the text box there is a delete button. Then there will be another small circle labeled "delete message" and an icon labeled "delete post."

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Click the Edit Post button first (on the website). On the edit screen, there will be an option to delete the post.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

suiken01

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
question the phone will update apps by itself, like flipboard magazine? and few others. I uninstall them and next time phone will automatically install and update them again!!! so annoying is there a way to turn auto update off? and by default it won't install new app by itslef right?

When my phone is connected to my carrier I get certain sms right away. but for the same sms when I am connected to home wifi I get it much later! one time 5 min another time I never got any, but next day when I turn off wifi in phone all the sms popped up!!!! some I should have gotten a day ago.....why do I get sms so late when I am connected to wifi? (someone messing with my wifi? I think I had some Ddos attack before)

This afternoon I wanted to check the weather on my phone, and on the pin input screen it was inputting pin by itself, I was unable to input the pin since it kept inputting the pin by itself. And the battery drained really fast, in the morning it was 100% and by then it was 40%, never really drain that fast before was someone nearby messing with my phone? (phone was connected to wifi via my home router) or the phone does that once awhile and I just need to restart it?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have a Note 3? You can turn off app auto-updates by opening Google Play Store, swiping in from the left, tapping Settings, then unchecking Auto Update Apps.

Not sure about the SMS issue. You may want to ask your wireless provider about this.

You may want to consider booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | T-Mobile Support

Another thing to consider is to unmount the SD card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and reboot, since a corrupt card could cause problems.

suiken01

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
if I turn off the auto update, I guess I just need to update whatever is important to me manually. like firefox etc. Most of the apps you don't need update right? maybe the apps you use a lot or you want more secuirty then you update? banking apps etc? I think I will turn it off. how do you guys do it? (oh if it's important update for important apps like banking apps. does it make you update before using the app?

what do you guys use/recommend for accidental sitting on the phone (note 3) or dropping the phone etc? tempered glass protector does it really work?

my current android version is 4.3, they say don't download 4.4 it's not good. but am I missing anything important ? did you guys upgrade to 4.4? the notification to tell me to install is annoying (it downloaded it alraedy and I never installed it, it just kept on asking me once awhile)

once awhile my note 3 free default lookout app will pop up and tell me that it scanned and fouund nothing and keep beeping if I don't click on it oh actually I just found it. is it "show notifications"? uncheck it but will it still scan the phone like it did before?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
varun2310