preferred mobile network

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Do any of these make a drastic difference in speed or battery efficiency? the 4g in my area is slow. would it help switching to a different mode?

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-23-20-00-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-23-20-00-36.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 73

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That depends on why the 4G in your area is slow and whether there's 4G that's faster. If the reason it's slow is that the network is overloaded (too many people on too few resources), nothing you can do will help. If the network has a problem, calling your carrier might help. It also depends on what you mean by slow. If you're getting 100kbps downloads from nearby servers, you have a problem. If you're getting 5mbps from speedtest.com, unless the speedtest server is next door to your carrier's gateway, that's normal.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
That depends on why the 4G in your area is slow and whether there's 4G that's faster. If the reason it's slow is that the network is overloaded (too many people on too few resources), nothing you can do will help. If the network has a problem, calling your carrier might help. It also depends on what you mean by slow. If you're getting 100kbps downloads from nearby servers, you have a problem. If you're getting 5mbps from speedtest.com, unless the speedtest server is next door to your carrier's gateway, that's normal.

What's the point of the choices if there is no differences?

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Do any of these make a drastic difference in speed or battery efficiency? the 4g in my area is slow. would it help switching to a different mode?

Won't you be charged if you use the other networks?

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I would use lte/cdma, assuming Verizon.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Won't you be charged if you use the other networks?

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4
Other networks, depends on agreement between carriers. But assuming Verizon in the usa, you won't be charged if roaming on another network.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4