Why has this suddenly appeared?

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
All of a sudden this app shows up in my update list on Google Play! This app is not even on my phone and I have never even looked it up on Google Play. I am also suddenly getting Pop Up ads right when I swipe up the lock screen.

I also keep getting (every day) a notice to update Samsung Link and yet there is never an 'update' it just shows 'open'

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-12-22-58-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-12-22-58-36.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 163

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it has to do with some of the health tracking options on the note 4. Here is their site.

http://www.thisisant.com/consumer/ant-101/ant-in-phones/

Posted via the Android Central App
Thank you, that makes a little more sense. I did open/use/try out the S Health but then after a couple days disabled it. So it's still weird that app shows up in 'updates' on Google play but not as an individual app in apps drawer on my phone.

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
All of a sudden this app shows up in my update list on Google Play! This app is not even on my phone and I have never even looked it up on Google Play. I am also suddenly getting Pop Up ads right when I swipe up the lock screen.

I also keep getting (every day) a notice to update Samsung Link and yet there is never an 'update' it just shows 'open'

Both of these were pre-installed on my Verizon Note 4. They cannot be removed altogether, but they can be turned off in Setup->Applications->Application Manager->All page. Select each one, one at a time, and uncheck the Show Notifications checkbox, then push the Turn Off button. On mine, there is also the ANT HAL Service, for which I cannot uncheck Show Notifications or turn off, but I can Force Stop it.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I froze them using Titanium and my S Health app still works fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Both of these were pre-installed on my Verizon Note 4. They cannot be removed altogether, but they can be turned off in Setup->Applications->Application Manager->All page. Select each one, one at a time, and uncheck the Show Notifications checkbox, then push the Turn Off button. On mine, there is also the ANT HAL Service, for which I cannot uncheck Show Notifications or turn off, but I can Force Stop it.
Thank you very much! Geesh, I don't know why I didn't think to go there and look to do that! Yes exactly as you described and I did have all three. Turned off the 2 of them, but like you said cannot on the 3rd. Thank you very much!

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yup those two highlighted are pre-installed apps related to S Health and the sensors on the back of the phone. They were listed under "All" in Application Manager until I turned them off (there's also an Ant HAL service listed but it doesn't have the option to turn off) since I don't use S Health or those sensors. Now they're both listed on the far right under "Turned off".

As to the popup ads, try one of those air push apps from the Play Store to try to find the offending app causing them.
Thank you! First part, Done!

Air push apps? Is that what I search for in Google Play? Thanks for the help!

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yup those two highlighted are pre-installed apps related to S Health and the sensors on the back of the phone. They were listed under "All" in Application Manager until I turned them off (there's also an Ant HAL service listed but it doesn't have the option to turn off) since I don't use S Health or those sensors. Now they're both listed on the far right under "Turned off".

As to the popup ads, try one of those air push apps from the Play Store to try to find the offending app causing them.
So I d/l an app and wow..... These are apps I really didn't want to delete that it shows.

Attachments

• 1423962345858.jpg
    1423962345858.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 1423962358688.jpg
    1423962358688.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 53

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Those apps are for connecting to wearables. If you'd read the app description it states that.

Leave them alone.

Sent from my glorious note 4.

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Those apps are for connecting to wearables. If you'd read the app description it states that.

Leave them alone.

Yep. The description of those apps explains exactly what they are what they're for. Nothing nefarious or sinister going on with those.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Leave them alone.

Thank you. I'm fine with turning them off then, as I don't plan on purchasing/using wearables. I am as connected as I want to be right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo