Samsung Note 4 on Wind Mobile - why are incoming calls going to voicemail?

A

AC Question

Samsung Note 4 on Wind Mobile - Incoming Calls Going to Voicemail

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Wind Network and the problem is that the while the phone shows full strength, the calls straight away go to the Voice Mail.

So far, I have done the following but no effect :

a) Check the Block or Call Rejection settings and everything looks fine.

b) Gone to the Idle Mode and Switched off Idle Mode.

c) Factory Reset the Phone, Disabled All Apps

Still the same problem.

Can anyone advise if they have the same problems and do they have any suggestions.

P.S - Wind Mobile has asked me to take the phone to the Warranty Centre but I not sure if this is a phone problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Note 4 on Wind Mobile - Incoming Calls Going to Voicemail

Welcome to Android Central! Sorry for the very basic question, but can you confirm that the ringtone volume is turned up? I've seen posts before where the user realized afterwards that the ringtone was muted or turned way down, and never realized when someone was calling.

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

Have you tried disabling voicemail? I never use voicemail. I call o2 here in the UK 1760 to turn off voice mail. Ask your carrier to turn it off the see if it still happens.
Good luck.

Posted via the Android Central App

jangotrick

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site

Yes, Ringtone Volume is turned fully on and the phone remains on my desk when I am working so I can see if a call is coming through. I only realize seconds later that the call went to voice mail when I get a text regarding the voice mail. I do not getting any missed called texts. I am on Wind Mobile in Canada.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

And this is for any call, right? Not just one contact? If it seems to be one particular contact, open your Contacts app, select that contact, tap Menu, and make sure the option to Send All Calls to Voicemail is not checked.

jangotrick

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site

This is for most of the calls and just to double check I have done the above and re-checked. When I spoke to Wind Mobile Tech Team in Ontario, Canada, they said that there was a problem with Samsung Note 2 where the phone would go to Idle Mode and suddenly disconnected from the network unless you swipe the phone.

Another problem that may be contributing is (not sure) is that my current number was ported from the different carrier and when I try to use the Twitter API, it rejects the API code as the phone still uses the old number. I have tried but not being able to change the phone number. not sure if this could be causing a problem.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Try going to Settings >Sounds and Notifications. Scroll down to "Do Not Disturb" in notification section. Tap on that and check your settings. I did that once by mistake and missed a bunch of calls.

Posted via Android Central App

jangotrick

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I did check the "Do Not Disturb" and it is unchecked. I am hearing from lot of more people that this particular model may have a problem itself. I am not sure if this is a problem with the WIND Network or with the Handset. I have heard a lot of problems with the WIND network in this area, so perhaps it is a network issue.

Perhaps it is a handset issue. As I am locked into a contract with them, I want to make sure the handset is not causing this problem before I break the contract.

Last edited: