Several Note 4 problems after marshmallow update

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
Did the update.

Now my lock pattern comes and goes. I feel like it's tied into having Bluetooth on. I turn the screen on and it's just the swipe to unlock.

Contact pictures didn't come through with the update. The widget to my wife has the picture, its in my contacts, but the whole screen is white where her picture should be while she's calling.

Also a dumb feature because I imagine many like myself charge their phone while they sleep.... But when my phone his fully charged, the screen lights up, lighting my room up, waking me up. Very annoying.

Huge annoyance... I have tried renaming the folders in the factory gallery app several times but they will not change from saying camera. Insanely annoying.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I can help with contact photos. In lollipop the photos in contacts showed a blurry background with a clear circular photo in the middle . If your contact still has that look, you need to edit contact > delete photo then reload the same (or different if you choose) photo. Now when you pull up a contact the entire photo will be in focus. When calls come in or go out you will see the contacts photo. I don't know why this is but it works. I only changed my favorites or frequent callers. Some were already in the full focus mode. It may have something to do with the photo source. I don't think you can change them all at once.
Yes the phone comes on for about 10 seconds when it hits full charge. You must be a very light sleeper! The answer you probably don't want is to turn phone face down at night when charging. You'll still hear it ring if necessary.

The Fatyank

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the help.

And yes, I'm a fireman so a VERY light sleeper! Lollipop didn't used to light up for me do i I was sad when they did it for this one. Just seems pointless.

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried this with the marshmallow update yet, how about putting the phone in Ultra Power Savings mode when you go to sleep? I used to do that when traveling so emails or texts wouldn't wake me up, but a call would.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Now my lock pattern comes and goes. I feel like it's tied into having Bluetooth on. I turn the screen on and it's just the swipe to unlock.

It may be related to Bluetooth being on. Are you paired to a device on Bluetooth at the time? If so, under settings check "General" / "Security" / "Smart Lock" / "Trusted Devices" and see if any Bluetooth devices are set as "trusted". If you are paired to a "Trusted" Bluetooth device, you will not lock until that device goes out of range - and then it will lock immediately.

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Problem I've been having is my vibrate stops working randomly. After a restart it starts working again. Only started happening after the latest update.

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
It may be related to Bluetooth being on. Are you paired to a device on Bluetooth at the time? If so, under settings check "General" / "Security" / "Smart Lock" / "Trusted Devices" and see if any Bluetooth devices are set as "trusted". If you are paired to a "Trusted" Bluetooth device, you will not lock until that device goes out of range - and then it will lock immediately.

Boom, I think that's the unlock problem. Had a few things in the trusted device!

Just need to figure out why I can't name the camera folder names in the stock gallery app... Bugs me when I'm trying to move and organize pictures.

And thanks for the thanks. Love my job!!!