Dose Screen Burn increases by the time?

A

AC Question

just bought my note 4 its a used phone in a fine condition after using it for couple of days ive noticed this gradient kinda thing or a line on the notifications bar and one more line slightly down to it where usually applications like facebook and google play gives you search bar. i have read about screen burn on amoled and im using it with care now, my device cant be returned, what i want to know now is, will this gonna increase by time? its really not paining me, its very light even barley can see on white but if you try to notice it you will see. i really love the phone now, just curious about increasing the intensity of that screen burn.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes. The nature of AMOLED is that screen burn happens.

You can slow its progression by reducing screen brightness, using apps in "night mode," or whatever you can do to lower the brightness of each pixel, but in time elements that are displayed on the screen for long periods of time in bright colors will burn into the screen (that color on those pixels will become less bright, and you'll get a sort of "reverse image" of it permanently burned into the screen. In addition, the overall screen itself will be slightly less bright after a couple of years or so.

There's no way to fix it short of replacing the screen. There is no way to make those colors on those pixels any brighter, so any sort of "screen burn correction" app is simply going to further deteriorate the screen so the burn-in is less pronounced (by making the rest of the screen dimmer.

After a couple of years of heavy use, my screen has several elements that are burned in and relatively noticeable in other screens. The screen works well enough for my use for the time being.

Hussain Hanif

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
Yes. The nature of AMOLED is that screen burn happens.

You can slow its progression by reducing screen brightness, using apps in "night mode," or whatever you can do to lower the brightness of each pixel, but in time elements that are displayed on the screen for long periods of time in bright colors will burn into the screen (that color on those pixels will become less bright, and you'll get a sort of "reverse image" of it permanently burned into the screen. In addition, the overall screen itself will be slightly less bright after a couple of years or so.

There's no way to fix it short of replacing the screen. There is no way to make those colors on those pixels any brighter, so any sort of "screen burn correction" app is simply going to further deteriorate the screen so the burn-in is less pronounced (by making the rest of the screen dimmer.

After a couple of years of heavy use, my screen has several elements that are burned in and relatively noticeable in other screens. The screen works well enough for my use for the time being.

Thank you for the answer, i can figure now with the humble use i at least can use my device for a year or a little more then that.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, if you use it fairly lightly (don't leave the screen on all day long on a single image, choose dark wallpapers, etc) you can get years out of it before it even gets too noticeable.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana