How to make low battery warning go away?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Well I apologise for not knowing every single model of every android and OS! The suggestions I gave were valid in accordance with my experience and devices. You have to start somewhere to troubleshoot all issues and since I don't have your device in my hand, I can only offer what I would try in your position.
We are volunteers here, taking time to answer people like you who comes here for advice. You are welcome.

alarinn

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Well I apologise for not knowing every single model of every android and OS! The suggestions I gave were valid in accordance with my experience and devices. You have to start somewhere to troubleshoot all issues and since I don't have your device in my hand, I can only offer what I would try in your position.
We are volunteers here, taking time to answer people like you who comes here for advice. You are welcome.

Ah sorry about that. I was in a bad mood yesterday and that popup didn't make things better. I hope they patch that soon enough and give us an option to turn it off. Weird that Android decided to pull an Apple; usually Android gives us a way out, not force it on us.

So, what notifications will be lost by turning Peel Remote off? It seems this app is for the IR feature that nobody really uses and it is supposed to cost us money to disable the ads it provides (reminds me of ramsonware).

Peter Wright 0 3 24

May 17, 2017
Visit site
It is definitely Peel Remote. I opened Peel remote, chose settings, notifications then unchecked the battery saver alerts box. I let the battery run down from 28% to 23% and no more pop-up. This has been exasperating, thanks sooooo much for sharing that Peel is the culprit.

macquelvs

May 17, 2017
Visit site
This happening to me as well on my Samsung Galaxy S6, just after the most recent update. I've noticed that if my phone reaches 25% while it's just sitting there and not being used, then the next time I open it there is a pop-up box that does include a "DISMISS" option. However, if I'm actually using my phone and am in certain apps, the box will pop up with no sort of way to get rid of it. It will stay there even if I lock and unlock my phone, push any of the "battery saving" options, etc. The only way to make it go away is to plug my phone in. Sounds like something got missed by a developer? Either way, I really think this should be fixed, especially if you can't even make an emergency call when that thing is in the way. Most people won't know that the Peel Remote workaround can fix it for now...In the meantime, I'll have to take care of the Peel Remote when I get home. I haven't even set that up yet, so I can't get to the settings part of it until it's connected to my TV - unless someone else can tell me how to bypass the setup part!

Dtt669

May 17, 2017
Visit site
Thank you so very much! It has been bothering me for days and I hardly found anyone with this particular problem because i didnt know what was causing it.

Last edited:

Michalootz

May 22, 2017
Visit site
I have a solution I by accedent tryed the second time it happend without the dismiss button I couldn't close anything or power down. I did not try the charging method. That makes sence if u get it above 25 it leaves? Or are you saying it dissapears just from plugging in period. I went to my settings thinking a virus or app or cleaner app installed on it own or with another program but I was unsuccessful finding the source. I got to settings by using lock screen unless it wont allow you. If u have settings open in your open app list there u can get to it behind the annoying screen. You can use certain features behind it if u can guess what's under it. So once you close all apps. If your still not on main screen. You lock phone and you should be able to unlock phone even with pattern like i said if you draw it under the screen you have to sorta guess some because you cannot fully see. It will unlock though,
go to settings there is a section not the first light blue options the second section of dark blue if you have an option called "smart manager".open it and click clean or clear whatever it says it clears data and cleans ram things like that, and apps I think. So I tried this randomly because to me it looks like manager that pops up so naturally I went to this setting. It's annoying to get to settings but there are few ways like i said if you have no other options closing it this is a 100 percent sure temporary fix

JoMBeck

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
When my Note 4 drops bellow 25% a window pops up that has suggestions for me to increase the battery life, such as turning off bluetooth and dimming the screen. Once this window pops up it will not go away. There is no close button. My home button stops working. I've tried doing all the suggestions. I can still use the apps behind the warning I just can't get the warning to go away. The problem started when I updated to 6.0.1 How can I get it to go away and never come back.

Ok, I went to the pre installed "peel" app, (a remot control for appliances) you have to set something up before it lets you get to the settings in the upper right corner. In settings go to notifications, go to the bottom in general and uncheck battery notifications and should do the trick. Plugging in the phone will get rid of the notification until you can do this. Or pull the battery "If you can"!! Because the reset options are all behind it and can't restart. Taking the screen shot can do it also. Hope this helps! I hope "Peel" fixes the glitch!

Hans Swanger

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Happened to me while while using navigation this weekend. Major PITH. Forced reboot to get it to go away the first time, but came back again at 25%. Rebooted in safe mode and the did the charge/drain until it reappeared. This time the warning was at the top of the screen with a visible dismiss button. Rebooted to normal and next time it came back, it was in the proper position with the dismiss visible.

Alice321

Jun 16, 2017
Visit site
Have also had this problem with galaxy s6 phone. Caused major hassle as was out with no charger and couldn't use the phone as I couldn't unlock it as the notification was in the way. Stupid stupid app. It's still happening, you would think they would do something about it.

Alexandre Dumont

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Is that a feature? It renders my wife's phone useless when reaching under 25%, I can't even believe Samsung leaves that like that for so long without taking action to fix it.

acontrario

Jun 28, 2017
Visit site
found answer to the same problem here
Galaxy S5 SMG900FD with android 6.0.1
I noticed this stupid & invading notification that appeared suddenly
I verified that Peel Remote had indeed been installed recently without my knowledge.
I disabled notifications and disabled the app. Crossing fingers, I hope that will be it.

LegoRex

Jun 28, 2017
Visit site
It is definitely Peel Remote. I opened Peel remote, chose settings, notifications then unchecked the battery saver alerts box. I let the battery run down from 28% to 23% and no more pop-up. This has been exasperating, thanks sooooo much for sharing that Peel is the culprit.

I have a Samsung S8 plus, and I can´t get rid of the battery warning.

The warning comes both on 15%, and on 5%.

Are You telling others, that they / I should install the the program, "Peel Remote"..?

Michael Pietrobono

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
If you find the battery app on your settings, you should have the three dots in top right corner. Tapping those should give you advanced settings. There you should have notifications....
No offence taken. I have no way of knowing your level of understanding of Android OS

Your suggestions do not work. The three dots do not give advanced settings.
All these forums and the instructions always seem like they are plausible but rarely ever match the real conditions on the app or the hardware.
If you suggest a fix, make sure you do it to your platform before typing in some response that doesn't even enter reality when tried.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Mod note: there is no need to be rude to each other. If a suggestion didn't work, one can simply reply, ' that doesn't work due to (insert reason).'

We are all volunteers, and as nobody has every device, we can only suggest logical or reasonable courses of action. As long as posts conform to the rules and guidelines, anyone can post wherever they choose.

As for the connection between this issue and the Peel remote app, I am at the point where I would be very hesitant on installing anything from that developer. That app has no business monitoring a system function.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I verified that Peel Remote had indeed been installed recently without my knowledge.
I disabled notifications and disabled the app. Crossing fingers, I hope that will be it.

Peel is a default install app, which means it's "always" been there, but recent updates have been really problematic. I used it for a while, but when they started pulling shenanigans like a second lockscreen and stuff like this, yeah, off to the disable bin it goes.

ES File Explorer is another "once useful, now too invasive to want it anywhere near my phone!" app.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

The Note 4 has a fixed warning at 15% and 5% like the Nutella screenshots you provided above. The rest of battery management is similar on the Note 4 but in a different spot (it used to be under Battery in previous versions, and Sammy moved it back to Battery in Nutella, but the Note 4's 6.0.1-based firmware is a slightly different beast from all other TouchWiz as far as I can tell).

On the Note 4 (current firmware, AT&T edition, other variants may vary) the option is not reached through "Battery" like you might logically think (and like it used to be in past firmwares), but in Settings / General / Power Saving.

It can be enabled all the time, or at 50%, 20%, 15% and 5% (if I recall correctly), or set to "always off". You used to be able to adjust settings for power saving to turn certain things on and off - but now it's just "Power Saving" or "NOT Power Saving".

This won't make the 15% and 5% popups go away, but it does allow you to set when power saving comes on (if you want to run your phone full tilt boogie to 0%, it allows you to - conversely if you want to start saving power at 50%, that works too - or you can just have power saver on all the time if you want).

There is also a "Ultra Power Saving Mode" that makes your phone more akin to a dumb phone and buys you a lot of time - that one can be set to ON or OFF, it never comes on automatically.

Last edited: