Will the Note 5 have removable battery and storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Will you upgrade to Note 5 if it doesn't have SD slot?

The biggest concern I have is storage cost. If you take a lot of photos or have a lot of music or videos, where will you store them so they're readily available? The alternative to external storage is to more internal storage; 64GB, 128GB. The problem is COST. You take an already expensive phone and make it even more expensive. I definitely won't spend upwards of $1,000 for my next phone to gain the storage I may need. Right now, a 128GB microSD card is around $70-$80. Beats the hell out of $200-$300.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Two absolute deal breakers for me - no external SD card (even it it's intenally in the case, like my Note 3) or a non-removable battery. An almost deal breaker is no Otterbox Defender available for the phone, but if they don't come out with one for the Note 5, I'd be amazed.

My question is what do I get for spending the money that I need, and don't have on my Note 3? If the answer is nothing, that's the most important deal breaker. I don't buy new phones just to have new phones.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: If this is 100% accurate, it will have removable battery /storage

Why not just a push-push pen lock? When it's in the phone, push the pen in and it ejects. When you push it back in, it locks. Are we really getting so lazy that we need a phone that drops the pen into our hands when we say "pen"? (Even in an Otterbox Defender, pulling my Note 3 pen out isn't any big deal.)

What I'd like to see is an external "external SD card" - one you can get to from outside the phone or case. I frequently have to pull my Otterbox apart just to take the card out (there are many reasons to put the card directly into a computer, rather than write apps to do things in the phone - they're already written for the PC).

Miller6386

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm becoming more and more concerned the Note 4 may be my last Samsung product. They keep taking great features and making them more complicated/complex to use.

Instead of changing things that work fine let's fix he bugs that have been around for years. Intermittent notifications while in call, camera delay. Let's make the device more customizable out of the box.

If they want to change the S Pen let's add an actual ink pen to it. How many times have you needed a pen didn't have one but had your phone?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

Thinner is NOT a good idea!!
The S6 screen has board black traces on the screen under sunlight because the phone is too thin, samsung is going totally crazy.
As of the 5.9'' I really hope they will not make the physical phone bigger but just eat some borders.
I hope they will finally change the ugly samsung logo too into something much more stylish, it looks like my AC remote control

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

Well yeah I am so happy to have the 64gb card on my M9, every single RAW photo is 39mb , the internal 32gb were nearly full in only 1 month of usage!! So I am sorry samsung but you have to put an sd slot in next Note 5 if you want me to swap my M9 with it, specially that Note 5 will have RAW out of the box (logically)

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I hope they don't remove those features, but if they do then it takes away the defining features of having a power user device which means you may as well go buy a nexus 6, or a iphone 6 plus etc.

I've already been eyeing up a nexus 6 as I am becoming frustrated with Samsung delaying updates so I think if going forward they drop removeable battery ans sd card then it will likely be a move to Nexus devices or LG devices for me going forward.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
They got tons of bad reviews about the removal of SD slot and removable battery for S6, I hope they will listen and understand.
In another hand Note series is about efficiency and productivity more than design, and the big size of the phone make it the perfect candidate to have at least an SD slot.
HTC went on the same path and ate their fingers, they re-installed SD slot on M8 and M9

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Two absolute deal breakers for me - no external SD card (even it it's intenally in the case, like my Note 3) or a non-removable battery. .

I agree with you 100% if Samsung takes those two away on the Note 5 not sure what my next phone would be after the Note 4 I have now? Battery I can possible give up but I have so much on my 128 gb micro SD card it'd be hard to give up. LG G4 or M9? Makes me sad just thinking of those options

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

I agree with you 100% if Samsung takes those two away on the Note 5 not sure what my next phone would be after the Note 4 I have now? Battery I can possible give up but I have so much on my 128 gb micro SD card it'd be hard to give up. LG G4 or M9? Makes me sad just thinking of those options

If you are used to big screen it's better to choose the G4, you will find the M9 microscopic :)

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

If you are used to big screen it's better to choose the G4, you will find the M9 microscopic :)

Yeah. I agree with you but had the G3 and wasn't too impressed. Battery was atrocious and it heated up so fast. At least the Note 4 is good enough for the meantime

And I came from LG G3 - > IPhone 6 plus - > to note 4. Note 4 such a better productivity phone than iPhone 6Plus ever is

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

Yeah. I agree with you but had the G3 and wasn't too impressed. Battery was atrocious and it heated up so fast. At least the Note 4 is good enough for the meantime

And I came from LG G3 - > IPhone 6 plus - > to note 4. Note 4 such a better productivity phone than iPhone 6Plus ever is

A little OT but if you try the Glamour rom (S6 port) the Note 4 is still laggy?

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

A little OT but if you try the Glamour rom (S6 port) the Note 4 is still laggy?

I'm fine with the Note 4. Wasn't impressed with the LG G3

Unfortunately my note 4 is locked under AT&T so no way to root it 😠😠. I rooted the Note 3 and LG G3 in the past...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: leaked Note 5 rugged case diagram suggest that the Note 5 will NOT have removable battery. :(

So I guess the Note 4 will be my last Samsung phone, if I decide to upgrade from my Note 3 and want to stay with Samsung. That's a definite deal breaker for me.

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: leaked Note 5 rugged case diagram suggest that the Note 5 will NOT have removable battery. :(

So I guess the Note 4 will be my last Samsung phone, if I decide to upgrade from my Note 3 and want to stay with Samsung. That's a definite deal breaker for me.

well... all other flagship Android phones are pure crap(including the LG G4, Nexus 6, etc)... nothing can come close to the Note 4 or Note 5. Even if the Note 5 comes without removable battery and MicroSD card slot, I'll just have to suck it up and buy it no matter what. :) Oh wait, I guess Samsung knows this as well.

My aunt bought a brand new Ferrari as a retirement gift to herself 10 years ago. It did NOT even come with a stereo, but that was not a dealbreaker, obviously. :) (she lives in Europe, not the US)

Status
Not open for further replies.