Have you disabled any apps or services for better battery life?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I was curious is anyone had disabled HD Voice, any Samsung Apps, Google Apps, or anything to save battery or whatever reason?

If so? Which one?

P.S.
I love this phone!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5!

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a routine when I set up my phone where disable everything I know I'm not going to use. Everything. My battery life so far has been slightly better than the Note 4 and my G4.

This phone is amazing.

Posted via the Android Central App

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I was curious is anyone had disabled HD Voice, any Samsung Apps, Google Apps, or anything to save battery or whatever reason?

If so? Which one?

P.S.
I love this phone!

I'm always curios with posts like this. Are you having battery life problems, where you had a need to look to do this? I have never found the need to do this,

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm always curios with posts like this. Are you having battery life problems, where you had a need to look to do this? I have never found the need to do this,
Nope, I have not disabled anything and my battery is good!

I was just curious if people actually needed to do so, and was wondering which ones

On my S6, I disabled HD Voice and a bunch of Samsung Apps I didn't use. On my Note 5 I haven't disabled anything and I'm still chugging forward

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I disable all carrier bloat because there are much better programs to do those tasks and I do not want unused apps pinging location and pulling data. I've also set location to power saving and disabled ok Google voice because I have my zenwatch for that if needed. I've also disabled the Gmail app in favor of the default email client as I do not need push email.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Nope, I have not disabled anything and my battery is good!

I was just curious if people actually needed to do so, and was wondering which ones

On my S6, I disabled HD Voice and a bunch of Samsung Apps I didn't use. On my Note 5 I haven't disabled anything and I'm still chugging forward

That's good to hear. I usually disable apps I don't use, but knowing that the battery still lasts is a good sign.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon, Amazon apps. I also uninstalled the junk games

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I disable the amazon and nfl apps, just because i do not use them. I also leave location on battery saver just because i always have.

I am on my first night of work w my new note5, i am curious to see if i make it until morning without charging it.. i havent had to charge a phone in years at work and hope i wont have too with this one... so far so good.

sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDCard!

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Can you people tell me if you have Google Now running? By default it is not until you click on widget and confirm to switch it on by I'm IN!. I activated it today, seems to be not much impact on battery but noticeble.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Is that app safe for use? Just curious. I'm new Android/Samsung phone user.

Totally. Just be careful not to disable a system app, to be safe, just be sure to disable apps you specifically know by name and want to disable and can't via the Application Manager.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
All I've done is disable the carrier bloat that was installed on the phone. Everything else stays on. GPS, bluetooth, WiFi, etc. No battery issues.

Sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87