Hands-Free Car Use...

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
What's going on when I can:

- Use Google Now just fine - it hears my "Ok Google" command, and it listens as I provide a command and it responds appropriately when sitting in my car prior to starting my car. Exactly as it works on wifi in my house.

- Then, I start my car, the BT connects right away - all good - and my audio works perfectly as I start up a podcast. I pause the podcast, and it hears my "OK Google" command just as before It says it's listening (little Google dots are moving and "Listening..." is displayed) but it appears that it's not hearing any command. I am not driving yet and it's not loud in the car. The listening times out and I am frustrated!

What's up this this?

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue in my new Accord. It seems you can't have the phone and the car accessing the bluetooth at the same time. If I want to use OK Google, I turn off the phone bluetooth, do what I need then turn it back on again. I haven't researched if there is a solution but maybe I should start!

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I am working with the devs at DriveMode on this. In further testing, even when I am not in my car, I can use "OK Google" just fine. It listens and I can easily send texts hands-free. If I turn on DriveMode (and probably any of the other hands-free apps I've tried), still not in my car, the app will catch an inbound text, alert me, read it to me and when it asks if I want to respond, it can't hear my voice and it bails from the interaction. No car in the picture. Has to be an app problem, as it's the only new variable in the mix.