My case keeps peeling up my screen protector

kevinc

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I have a Zagg screen protector on my phone. I have tried a caseology, an incipio, and some other case I got from Best Buy, and all 3 of them cause the screen protector to peel up. I'm looking for any suggestions on a case that is thin enough for the wireless charging to work, but doesn't cause the protector to peel up.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think you should be looking at a different screen protector. Most have a 'case friendly' version now. I'll be trying IQ-Shield's one since their normal one does peel off with a case.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I would try this Samsung Galaxy Note 7 | Screen and Body Protection | Best Skins Ever you can get a skin/protector for just the screen itself or you can get the skins/protector for the whole phone. I just got the one for the screen. Glossy case fit one. Even tho it says preorder it's available cause I ordered it last Thursday and got it yesturday. Takes up to 48 hours to get out all the bubbles. But they already disappearing pretty fast and the wetness look I had is going away fast to cause you have to use dish washing soap and water to put it on. I thought it would be hard but it was actually pretty easy. Haven't tried it in a case yet cause I want to make sure the edges are dry enough. But I'll tell ya I love it so far. I only had to pressed the edges down for less than a minute and so far no peeling.

soulsmilen

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The only "screen protector friendly case" I've found is this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GIUICPK?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5378484

I've been using it for about a week now with a tempered glass protector with no problems.

Can you please let us know which tempered glass?
I have the Spigen Tough Armor case and HD dry Invisible Shiield (film) right now. No issues with peeling, and the fit is exactly the same as your case, but I don't like that this case has no grip. Ironically, in the reviews, many people laud the grip. I don't get it, but to each his own, of course.

Edited to add... the covered buttons on this case are not always easy to find, nor is it easy to use the volume.

From what I've seen so far, Verizon sells a tempered glass protector, and that one seems to have the most success at the moment.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Can you please let us know which tempered glass?
I have the Spigen Tough Armor case and HD dry Invisible Shiield (film) right now. No issues with peeling, and the fit is exactly the same as your case, but I don't like that this case has no grip. Ironically, in the reviews, many people laud the grip. I don't get it, but to each his own, of course.

Edited to add... the covered buttons on this case are not always easy to find, nor is it easy to use the volume.

From what I've seen so far, Verizon sells a tempered glass protector, and that one seems to have the most success at the moment.

I think any screen protector would work with that particular Spigen case (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GIUICPK?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5378620), but that's the only case I've seen with a minimal overlap on the front of the Note 7 - other minimal cases that I've seen and tried all butt-up with the screen protector, thus causing the biggest problem.

See this post for my particular setup - it's more complex than just putting on a screen protector! http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...rotector-maybe-best-solution.html#post5368997

soulsmilen

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I think any screen protector would work with that particular Spigen case (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GIUICPK?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5378668), but that's the only case I've seen with a minimal overlap on the front of the Note 7 - other minimal cases that I've seen and tried all butt-up with the screen protector, thus causing the biggest problem.

See this post for my particular setup - it's more complex than just putting on a screen protector! http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...rotector-maybe-best-solution.html#post5368997

Thank you. My case fits the same way, so I might just add grip tape to it and get a protector. Appreciate the detailed pictures.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. My case fits the same way, so I might just add grip tape to it and get a protector. Appreciate the detailed pictures.

Be careful about putting anything that adds depth, as pushing the protector away from the phone screen will affect the "touch". I used a tiny amount of silicone seal because it flattens out to almost nothing, but will still keep the screen protector positioned properly and in place - and silicone seal can be easily removed from the phone screen if necessary.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I am using the I-Blason with kickstand and holster (I don't use the holster) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/zagg-invisibleshield-screen-protector-for-samsung-galaxy-note7-clear/5378200.p?id=bb5378200&skuId=5378200
When I put the screen protector on it I put clear wrap(saran wrap) on it and made it as tight as I can around the whole front, edges, and corners. I left it for a day Then removed it and Since day one when the phone came out I have no problems. BTW I really like the screen protector. A lot of negative reviews may be because they neglected to cut the edges and corners so it peels up, like every other one I read reviews on. I like the feel, view and touch.

soulsmilen

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Be careful about putting anything that adds depth, as pushing the protector away from the phone screen will affect the "touch". I used a tiny amount of silicone seal because it flattens out to almost nothing, but will still keep the screen protector positioned properly and in place - and silicone seal can be easily removed from the phone screen if necessary.
Clarifying.... grip tape for the case!

gadgetgalbb

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
The Kate Spade case is the only one I found that doesn't push up the screen protector. My son is still searching for a case that doesn't push up on the screen protector.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am not having problems with the Verizon tempered glass screen protector nor the two cases I am using. Tumi and the official Samsung SView.....the sreen protector is not lifting and it placement does not interfere with cases.

Posted via the Android Central App

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy and Verizon folks are not fans of putting protectors on the Note 7 due to cases for reasons noted here. Pun intended.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
AT&T put a Zagg Dry Film protector on my Note 7 on the 19th when I got it also... I have an iBlason Armorbox case. The edges stayed down pretty well for about the first week then, this past Tuesday, I noticed the entire left edge had lifted. I also use my S Pen a lot (and I don't feel as though I'm a heavy writer) and I can actually read some of my notes in the screen protector - far too soft material. Anyway - some of the guys on another post here had mentioned the Bodyguardz HD Contour, which is made of PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) film, pretty much the same plastic as most 2 liter soda bottles! I know, sounds weird? Well, I had one installed yesterday at AT&T and I love it - the very 2 bottom corners are visible outside of my case but everything is hidden and it is hard. I beat it up pretty good yesterday and last night with the S Pen and there's not a visible mark on it. Take a look... better than fighting with the partial glue of these tempered glass units (at least until someone comes out with a proper temper glass unit)! Check the thread labeled Bodyguardz HD Contour - lots of pictures and an installation video.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
AT&T put a Zagg Dry Film protector on my Note 7 on the 19th when I got it also... I have an iBlason Armorbox case. The edges stayed down pretty well for about the first week then, this past Tuesday, I noticed the entire left edge had lifted. I also use my S Pen a lot (and I don't feel as though I'm a heavy writer) and I can actually read some of my notes in the screen protector - far too soft material. Anyway - some of the guys on another post here had mentioned the Bodyguardz HD Contour, which is made of PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) film, pretty much the same plastic as most 2 liter soda bottles! I know, sounds weird? Well, I had one installed yesterday at AT&T and I love it - the very 2 bottom corners are visible outside of my case but everything is hidden and it is hard. I beat it up pretty good yesterday and last night with the S Pen and there's not a visible mark on it. Take a look... better than fighting with the partial glue of these tempered glass units (at least until someone comes out with a proper temper glass unit)! Check the thread labeled Bodyguardz HD Contour - lots of pictures and an installation video.

Exact setup I have. I carefully cut very small pieces of the corner edges away and I have no more issues. If it keeps coming up it will keep lifting closer to center over time.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have The Zagg HD dry.

When you get tired of it, try the Bodyguardz HD Contour... I think you'll really appreciate the difference! It was $25.00 at AT&T... I was surprised 'cuz I buy almost everything from Amazon - they wanted $29 and it was out of stock!

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
When you get tired of it, try the Bodyguardz HD Contour... I think you'll really appreciate the difference! It was $25.00 at AT&T... I was surprised 'cuz I buy almost everything from Amazon - they wanted $29 and it was out of stock!

Thanks Jim, I will definitely do that.