Rainbow screen while charging?

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

What's this all about? Every time I get a message while charging, and don't physically hit the power button to turn the screen off (only whilst charging) this happens.... anyone else get it? Is there a way to make it stop?
It makes charging take a lot longer, and obviously used a lot more battery power, and COULD contribute to excess heat whilst charging....

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
[url]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk94/team420_photos/Mobile%20Uploads/20160903_234818.jpg[/URL]

What's this all about? Every time I get a message while charging, and don't physically hit the power button to turn the screen off (only whilst charging) this happens.... anyone else get it? Is there a way to make it stop?
It makes charging take a lot longer, and obviously used a lot more battery power, and COULD contribute to excess heat whilst charging....

Do you have screen saver setting on? If you don't know go to settings>display>turn of screen saver

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Ha! Screen saver "colors" was enabled
.. not sure how that happened, but just turned it off... phone is still at 99%, so haven't plugged it in yet, but I'm betting thats it. Thanks guys!

lsmith632

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes it happens during wireless charging as well. Just looked this up as it started last night after an update. I have it on wireless charger now and it's doing it. Glad I stopped by to figure this out

barsznica1979

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
Settings -> Display & gestures -> Daydream -> "3-dots (top right) -> When to daydream -> While docked.
I know this won't help "While docked", but at least it sorts it out "While charging"

RicoW

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Settings -> Display & gestures -> Daydream -> "3-dots (top right) -> When to daydream -> While docked.
I know this won't help "While docked", but at least it sorts it out "While charging"

I had the same issue recently. Somehow the screen saver was cut on and colors was selected. I have no clue how this happened but it helped me uninstall a bunch of apps I no longer needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty