New Note Edge

Leafs1201

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, I have a new Note Edge getting delivered on Monday after trying out my mates Note 4 for a while but I'm just wondering what I can do on startup to stop it installing Lollipop as it will still be on KitKat, would it automatically start to download Lollipop or would I get asked first, not sure if initially having my wifi turned off during startup would override the problem, thanks for any help and don't mean to ask silly questions but I'm coming over from iOS so not too sure how it all works, cheers.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I have a new Note Edge getting delivered on Monday after trying out my mates Note 4 for a while but I'm just wondering what I can do on startup to stop it installing Lollipop as it will still be on KitKat, would it automatically start to download Lollipop or would I get asked first, not sure if initially having my wifi turned off during startup would override the problem, thanks for any help and don't mean to ask silly questions but I'm coming over from iOS so not too sure how it all works, cheers.

What carrier are you on? You say "mate" and "cheers" which leads me to believe outside the US. Some carriers allow you to update at your choosing, others force it.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Leafs1201

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
What carrier are you on? You say "mate" and "cheers" which leads me to believe outside the US. Some carriers allow you to update at your choosing, others force it.

Hi, I'm with EE (formerly T-Mobile/Orange), also you're correct in thinking I'm not in USA, I'm in England.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm with EE (formerly T-Mobile/Orange), also you're correct in thinking I'm not in USA, I'm in England.

Most NEW phones now are already coming pre-installed with lollipop. I believe AT&T forces the update. I know for a fact Sprint does not.

Last edited:

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Verizon annoyed me relentlessly with the "new software" popup. I accidentally let 'er rip when I went to arrow out of it. I live down the street from a Samsung Experience bar and they reflashed it to KitKat because I used my feminine weakness and tears of grief overwhelm them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez