Why am I getting the error messages on my Note Pro 12.2 Unfortunately, TouchWiz has stopped?

genkibrady

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Note Pro 12.2: Unfortunately, TouchWiz has stopped

I get the following message over and over, with no end in sight:

>>Unfortunately, TouchWiz home has stopped

I have edited the animation scale values, tried booting in safe mode (waste of time), even resetting to factory defaults and starting over. Nothing seems to work. A few days ago, I guess I got a lucky boot-up and everything went fine. I rebooted again today and here comes the TouchWiz problem.

Google tells me that this problem has affected nearly every Samsung device, so why isn't there an effective fix in place--or at least one that is easy to find?

Much thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note Pro 12.2: Unfortunately, TouchWiz has stopped

Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried booting into Safe Mode, to see if the problem still occurs? If it goes away, then something you've installed is probably interfering.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    1. To power off, press and hold the Power button (located on the top edge) until the options prompt appears then release.
    2. Tap Power off.
    3. Tap OK.
      linote.gif
      Allow several seconds for the device to power off.
  2. Press and hold the Power button until the Samsung logo appears then release.
  3. With the Samsung logo on screen, press and hold the Volume down button.
  4. Continue to hold the Volume down button until Safe mode appears in the lower left of the screen then release.

You might also consider installing an alternate launcher like Nova.