Why I am getting rid of the Note 10+

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
This is a really nice looking device and that is kind of where it stops for me. I picked one up on Saturday, exchanged it after I noticed the dead pixel on the screen. Day 1 I had to set up a phone twice yay so much fun. The rest of the weekend is spent playing around and just enjoying what this phone has to offer with all the bells and whistles. A few things came up, like the horrible android auto compatibility. The music volume was incredibly low about 50% of the time I plugged it in. I would have to unplug and plug it back in and sometimes unlock it once while it was plugged into to get the volume to return to the normal level. To avoid this i would have to play music via bluetooth before plugging it in and then plug it in with music playing. If I got a call it would kill the music completely thus forcing me to start the process over to be able to listen to music. Android auto also negates the dark mode setting while its active as well. I have notice that on a low screen brightness that sometimes darker colors shadow as you scroll. I like my display to be around 30% if i turned up the brightness this doesn't happen.

Had all my lights connected via smarthings and was able to control all my lights well that broke today and even after the reset and deleting and re adding my hue account. I can no longer use smart things to control my lights. Why don't I use google assistant, well I couldnt use google assistant to control my hue lights at all. Yet the home app did and my home hub worked and even the hue app worked but not assistant. Had to do a full reset on day 4 to reset up google assistant from the beginning. I got my assistant to be able to control my home automation. Smart things is still broken, bixby is almost there. I cant stand the fact that it asks if you want to complete your quick command. Nope I just said a very specific phrase I manually set up to not want to use it. Before my reset my battery life went wonky today, unplugged for 15 minutes and lost 10%. continually happen this morning. I didnt install any new apps or anything today just using it like normal.

The fingerprint sensor is ruff and slow compared to what else is out there. The same goes for face unlock when it wants to work. Both of those have about a 75-80 chance to work the first time. I have input the same finger multiple time along with other fingers multiple times and the same results. That is still true after the factory reset. The raise to wake is also crazy slow. My reference is faceid on the xs max, by the time that phone was eye level it was unlocked. I didnt have to wait for the screen to turn on and then the camera to recognize my face.I was excited to use the motion gestures for the spen. Very rarely did they actually work for me. This is just not the phone for me, while i am sure my situation wont be the same as everyone else it is enough to not want to deal with this phone anymore. I generally like the note line, I had the 9 last year never had any problems, switched for work to iphone. Tired of ios so i wanted to come back to android. Figure the note 10 would be the one. That is not the case for me. I wont be going back to ios but i miss the simplicity of ios and the closest android has is the pixel. Going to switch for the pixel 3a and upgrade to the 4 when it comes out in october. I hope my experience isn't universal and from what I have read on here it sounds like it actually isnt.

Edit: Spelling is fun not is but isnt for the last word.

Last edited:

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
It's always difficult to understand how a device can work as intended for some and not well at all for others.

I don't have android auto so I can't comment, but the fingerprint sensor, I have no issues at all. It's very fast and works 99% of the time.
I tried to show a coworker what I think some people may be doing to cause issues with it and I couldn't. It opened even when I tried to make it fail.

I also use smartthings daily with no issues unless smartthings itself is having problems.

I hope you find what works for you.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Android Auto works perfectly for me with my Note 10+ and my GMC. I have no issues whatsoever (nor did I have any issues with my Note 8). However, what you describe regarding the sound issue happened to me when I rented a Kia about 6 months ago with my Note 8. The volume would go up and down on it's own no matter I did with settings. So it could be a car issue that you are dealing with and not a phone issue. What car are you driving?

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Android Auto works perfectly for me with my Note 10+ and my GMC. I have no issues whatsoever (nor did I have any issues with my Note 8). However, what you describe regarding the sound issue happened to me when I rented a Kia about 6 months ago with my Note 8. The volume would go up and down on it's own no matter I did with settings. So it could be a car issue that you are dealing with and not a phone issue. What car are you driving?

The note 9 didnt have issues, the pixel 3a didnt have issues when i used once before. The essential phone didnt have issues. Ford with sync3.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I have a 2018 Equinox. All my samsungs S10+, note 9 and my note 10+ all work fine with my android auto. Np here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174