data getting used fast

sinistersrage

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Have 2 gig of data and it gets used fast had a iPhone didnt use much went to this phone and it eats it even in back ground! :'(

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
Go to settings > data usage and look at what apps are using the most data. You can set most of them to not use data in the background.
You should also turn off auto updating of apps and auto backing up of any pics over mobile if you are currently doing that. Set them to do so only when connected to WiFi

sinistersrage

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Still using allot more data then my iPhone and I do the same things I did with my iPhone I see os services use data along with apps weird. So unhappy coming back to droids but I do love my Samsung wish this wasn't a issue. :'(

sent from Samsung Galaxy s3 mini

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Still using allot more data then my iPhone and I do the same things I did with my iPhone I see os services use data along with apps weird. So unhappy coming back to droids but I do love my Samsung wish this wasn't a issue. :'(

sent from Samsung Galaxy s3 mini

The OS shouldn't be using much data. Mine has used 4.1 MB all month.
Try turning off mobile data when not using your phone. It's a hassle, so you might want to try out an app called JuiceDefender that does it automatically. After a few days, see if the issue is gone.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa