How Reliable Are Your S3's Motion Features?

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I have enabled pretty much all of the S3's motion features and have found them to work very inconsistently and unreliably...

Tap to Top - Doesn't seem to work for me except for inside the S3's email app. Won't work anywhere else for me...and even inside the S3's email app, it sometimes doesn't work.

Tilt to Zoom - This is probably the most reliable... It gets disabled once in a while (even though the configuration shows that it is enabled)... A power cycle of the phone fixes it...

Pan to Move - Haven't played too much with this one, so I can't report on this one yet...

Pan to Browse Images - I can't get this one to work at all... :(

Shake to Update - Seems to work on some apps...but some not at all...

What is your experience? Do I have a defective phone?

iastonish

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
The only one I really use is the one that makes a call when you put a text up to your ear and that seems to work really well.

Kench33

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I use the camera on lock screen and the wipe screen for screen shots

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Tap to top works well for me in all the apps i have tried to use it...the trick is to tap with at least 2 fingers...not 1 finger

Shake to update works and even pauses a track or movie

i have tried the others at least once and they all worked as claimed in the adverts

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
It's fallen into the category of voice command for me...it works...sometimes...even most of the time...but those few times it doesn't work I can't stand it. I end up just turning things like this off.

The only motion thing I have enabled now is shake on lock screen to activate my flashlight app.

Shadowcat

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
The only motion thing I have enabled now is shake on lock screen to activate my flashlight app.

How did you set that up? I just looked in the motion settings and the only thing I can find is a shake to update and for me, it looks like all it does is search for devices to connect to. It sounds like your shake would be so much more useful!

Last edited:

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Reactions: Shadowcat

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Tap to top works well for me in all the apps i have tried to use it...the trick is to tap with at least 2 fingers...not 1 finger

Shake to update works and even pauses a track or movie

i have tried the others at least once and they all worked as claimed in the adverts

The only motion features that seem to work for me are the tilt to zoom, and the shake to refresh... The other features don't work outside of the demonstration test of the feature (which does prove that the sensor is, in fact, working)...

I can't get them to work to save my life... Reboots don't enable them either...

Do I have a defective device?

paulyb37

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I can't get the contact call thing to work, which is probably the only one I can really see myself using! It doesn't even work in the demo. Phone display dims when holding phone to ear so not sure what's going obviously - one thing I have noticed is that sometimes my 'jellyfish' on the live wallpaper get stuck on the left hand side of the screen - sensor issue?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress