Galaxy S3 or Nexus or wait

Dark Guitar Lord

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey Android Central Forum

Its been awhile since I have posted since I have been using my iPhone 4 for a year or so and since the Apple lawsuit I have decided to come back to Android and bypass the iPhone 5. I will not support Apple any longer. Now to the important stuff...

My question to the forum is should I get the S3 or the Nexus or do I wait? I'm on Verizon and am due a new phone next week. (Oct. 6th)

I realize this is the S3 forum but I am turning more toward the S3 anyway.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited:

weblou

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi
Im new here also just came from the iPhone 4. I decided to skip the iphone 5 get the S3...so far ..... LOVING it
I say if you like....get it

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey Android Central Forum

Its been awhile since I have posted since I have been using my iPhone 4 for a year or so and since the Apple lawsuit I have decided to come back to Android and bypass the iPhone 5. I will not support Apple any longer. Nowe to the important stuff...

My question to the forum is should I get the S3 or the Nexus or do I wait? I'm on Verizon and am due a new phone next week. (Oct. 6th)

I realize this is the S3 forum but I am turning more toward the S3 anyway.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I would say that either phone would be a great choice. I have the Galaxy Nexus and I love it. I also just recently came from an iPhone. The S3 has better specs though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I think the S3 is better than the Nexus for many reasons. The only upside that the Nexus has was that the GSIII was locked... ...it takes about 2 minutes to unlock a brand new GSIII, and most of that is waiting for the phone drivers to download.

As for waiting, well, there surely will be a better phone than the GSIII available on Verizon in the future. That said, I don't realistically see one actually available for purchase in the next 2 months. It's your choice if you want to wait it out until Thanksgiving time to see what options are avilable for the holidays.

-Suntan

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You cant go wrong with the S3 to be honest. If your in need of a new phone and wanna dump some cash into it I'd say go with the S3 over the Gnex. (Gnex has radio issues as far I know!)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
id maybe wait for the next Nexus mate.
as for the current nexus.... its a great phone but id go for the s3, id say its more future-proof

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy SIII all day long! I'm new to Android but loving this phone more, and more every day! 4.8" display was the deal breaker for me.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
You cant go wrong with the S3 to be honest. If your in need of a new phone and wanna dump some cash into it I'd say go with the S3 over the Gnex. (Gnex has radio issues as far I know!)

I have a GNex and I don't have radio issues after the JB update.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Wait for the new nexus, which is rumored to be made by samsung

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

Jonexus

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
There making an awesome HTC Nexus 5 ( 5 inches) so wait..:D:D:D:D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348603681305.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348603681305.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 28

todd.deland

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Wait for the next Nexus.

Nexus is the only place you'll get fast(er) updates straight from the horses mouth (Google), if that is important to you.

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could have waited but my MT4G was on death's door. But isn't that how it always is? You upgrade just in time for some bigger and badder phone to be announced.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
There making an awesome HTC Nexus 5 ( 5 inches) so wait..:D:D:D:D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

cant wait to see what size the actual unit is (do you have a link to the site mate?)
theres rumours therel be multiple nexus from different OEMs and Sony have been very involved in the AOSP (open source project) so a Sexus might not be a pipe dream (im a sony phone fanboy lol)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Dark Guitar Lord

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Any word on release for the new Nexus?

---------- Post Merged at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Any word on release for the new Nexus?