Do customs ROMS really make my phone faster?

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I am running Nova Prime with a Verizon GS3 and this phone is pretty fast and really smooth when I'm transitioning between screens and apps. Will rooting and flashing a custom ROM really make this phone any faster?

If so, which of the customs ROMs out there is the fastest? I don't really care about how pretty it looks, I am only concerned about performance and battery life.

Thanks!

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
That depends on the ROM. But in general yes. Most custom ROMs remove the apps the carrier pre-installed that cannot be removed without the custom ROM. Some of these apps are harmless, others keep running rather you want them to or not and they show down the phone. A good custom ROM removes these things. Plus allows you to use whatever launcher you want. For example, HTC Sense. I personally like it and rarely had issues with it. Yet, some people hate it and swear it slows down the phone. So a custom ROM could be a good thing.

However, a poorly made custom ROM can #### up your phone.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
also with some custom roms you can overclock the CPU to say run at 1.7mhz instead of 1.5 makin the phone faster (using more battery)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
What custom roms do u suggest for s3?

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE ask this question in the rooting section for YOUR carrier. Make sure any ROM you try to flash is specifically designed and tested with your model of S3 on your carrier. Flashing the wrong ROM can turn your phone into a rather expensive door stop.