Scratches in 48 hours! Pretty sure there's some defective Gorilla Glass 2 out there.

bustanut666

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I think there is a bad batch. I got my phone month ago put screen protector on it next day.
Week later.I got anti glare screen protector so took off old one. Once taken off, I noticed
2 line scratches and like tons of micro scratches in center of screen. Wth. My phone is always in my
Pocket by itself. Never any keys or anything in my pocket yet it scratched. Yet 2 of my coworker has had the phone
Since day one without screen protector and they don't have any scratches? ? LAME

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i used windoline (glass cleaner) on mine yday and gave it the best clean ever then examined it with reading glasses on from every angle and theres not one scratch (5month old phone) (though the bezel and back plate are dented and scratched)
has anyone noticed a "scratch" post from someone using the international version? i havent....

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
To the OP, I'm confused. You thought that the screen couldn't be scratched right? You even went to get a replacement even tho scratches aren't covered under anything except the 14 day policy, yet you bought a screen protector. Why? You use the argument left and right that your xxx phone lasted y years without a scratch so why bother with a protector now?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Tell'em man.!

Sent from my awesome HTC one x:)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
he's lost faith in the gg2 quality on the s3?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Matthew Scott1

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Ive had a bad experiance with gg2 ive previously had a galaxy s1 and s2 for 1 year each naked with no scratches. My amd my girlfriend both got note 2s and we both were careful with them keeping them in pockets with nothing else. After a few weeks we both had scratches on are screens. Then I droped my phone 12 inches outside while crouched down and the screen just shattered. I phoned up samsung they dont want to know just kept giving my the number for a repair centre. Phoned the repair centre and it's ?250for a new screen what a joke. I know for a fact that it is a bad batch of glass the phone is not fit for purpose

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Ive had a bad experiance with gg2 ive previously had a galaxy s1 and s2 for 1 year each naked with no scratches. My amd my girlfriend both got note 2s and we both were careful with them keeping them in pockets with nothing else. After a few weeks we both had scratches on are screens. Then I droped my phone 12 inches outside while crouched down and the screen just shattered. I phoned up samsung they dont want to know just kept giving my the number for a repair centre. Phoned the repair centre and it's ?250for a new screen what a joke. I know for a fact that it is a bad batch of glass the phone is not fit for purpose

Or maybe don't drop your phone onto the ground. Gorilla glass is not, not has it ever been, scratch proof or break proof. It is scratch resistant, but even that has its limits.

And you don't 'know for a fact'. You know your own anecdotal evidence, which means very little in the grand scheme of things.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Or maybe don't drop your phone onto the ground. Gorilla glass is not, not has it ever been, scratch proof or break proof. It is scratch resistant, but even that has its limits.

And you don't 'know for a fact'. You know your own anecdotal evidence, which means very little in the grand scheme of things.

hardly helpful bro :)

point we should all be making is some gg2 is more equal than others :thumbup:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
My SGS2 is a year old and not a scratch. I'm not crazy about it but am careful. The screen still looks perfect.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Kristine Benfinitez

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
There is ABSOLUTELY subpar gorilla glass out there, and a good lawyer needs to start a class action lawsuit for numerous devices with bad gorilla glass. We have three motoactv watches ..one shattered completely and we should be reimbursed as the others have been thru hell and stood up well. Also one galaxy note 2 with cracks in screen..other one my husband has is extremely durable while mine is very easily scrat hed. Want reimbursement now. How do we start a lawsuit for damages?

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
There is ABSOLUTELY subpar gorilla glass out there, and a good lawyer needs to start a class action lawsuit for numerous devices with bad gorilla glass. We have three motoactv watches ..one shattered completely and we should be reimbursed as the others have been thru hell and stood up well. Also one galaxy note 2 with cracks in screen..other one my husband has is extremely durable while mine is very easily scrat hed. Want reimbursement now. How do we start a lawsuit for damages?

It's easy you contact a lawyer who does class action lawsuit or lawsuits of this nature. you speak to him about it and usually have to provide proof of the defect (not one but hundreds) then he will decide if there is a lawsuit there and if there is he makes alot of money you get like maybe a replacement or a few bucks back.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Stop trying to get other people to pay for the fact that you abuse your devices.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Stop trying to get other people to pay for the fact that you abuse your devices.

Thank you JHBThree,I've had 5 gorrila glass devices,and no scratches on any of them. Why.? Screen protectors people,they make them for a reason even if the phone has gorrila glass.

Sent from my awesome HTC one x:)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Nah sorry but my screen is flawless naked so ive no reason to feel hard done by but judging by what ive read, theres at least two different standards of glass on s3s

Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Nah sorry but my screen is flawless naked so ive no reason to feel hard done by but judging by what ive read, theres at least two different standards of glass on s3s

Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

There isn't. There are just people who abuse their devices and somehow believe that gorilla glass cannot be damaged.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I may be wrong but I hear way more complaints about gorilla glass 2 than the original.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87