Another Battery Issue - can not find my reference to my issue anywhere

rosemyrtle

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I just got my S3 2 days ago, I have found lots of advice for the battery draining to dead overnight, but unfortunately I have been charging it for over 3hrs now and still cant use it. It just shows the battery charging icon, which is up over 50% but I can not do anything beyond that screen. Is this normal to not be able to use the phone while it's charging? When I had it charging, and it had not completely died I could still use it, but when I first got it I had to charge it for close to 5hrs before I could use it. I assumed it was cause it was brand new but this is a little ridiculous. I cant even check if I have texts or anything.
Any advice would be appreciated
thank you

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Your power button is on the right side. The home button under the screen just wakes it up, if it's already on.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Rose - Your phone ran out of battery and shut off. You are now charging it, and the black screen with the battery icon means the phone has not been turned on. As others have pointed out, just long press the power button (on the right side) until you get the Samsung splash screen. Then you will be able to use your phone while it charges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non