Samsung Galaxy S3 Problems

mansilakhani

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm having some issues with my 7 month old Galaxy S3. For the past month or so, every so often my messages (sms) folder in the home page will go empty when I click on it. Or, I will be typing an sms and when I press send the entire message history will be gone and then the phone will freeze and when I restart all my messages will appear back in the folder. This is a concern because I am not sure if my messages are going through when that happens or if I'm receiving messages. Also today all morning I received no text messages or calls and then all of a sudden at noon I get flooded with several text messages and voicemails and seeing the time on those messages means I was not receiving them when they were sent to me. And I didn't receive a single missed call but then I had 3 voicemails from various times in the morning. Not sure why this is happening! Some help would be really apprecaited!

sergeantandroid

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Might be an issue with the cache/data in your messaging app. Try clearing it. You won't lose your old messages but it will restore the app to its default settings and clear any buggy stuff that could have arisen in the last 7 months

jyrahong

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Im having a problem with my 2 months old samsung s3. Sometimes when im doing a text message and after i send the inbox said no message. And press tje back button and press again the inbox ang the messages will apear and gone. Im going to restart it ang will back to normal? How can i fixed this? Help please? :((( im having a hard time :(((

jyrahong

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Im having a problem with my 2 months old samsung s3. Sometimes when im doing a text message and after i send the inbox said no message. And press the back button and press again the inbox ang the messages will apear and gone. Im going to restart it ang will back to normal. How can i fixed this? Help please? :((( im having a hard time :(((

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Did you make any changes to the phone before this happened, such as trying to root it or flashing a ROM? Is the battery charged? What happens when you press the power button and hold it down for 5 seconds, then let go. Do any lights light up at all?

Plug the phone into a charger. Does the LED come on? Let it charge for an hour, and see what happens. If it's still not working, take the battery out for several minutes, put it back in and see if it will power up.

If none of that works, try to boot into recovery: press (all at the same time) and hold the volume UP, home and power buttons. If the screen comes on, wait until you see the Samsung logo, then release all three buttons at once. You can use the volume buttons to select an option, and then the power button to execute. At this point, I would just choose the reboot option.

Let us know what happens

sndeall

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
having the same problem - phone just went off and none of the remedies work... tried removing the battery a few times, tried rebooting - no lights nothing happens... just dead... what could be wrong. the battery was still full when it switched off...

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
How long did you leave the battery out? You should leave it out a few minutes.
When you plug the phone in, do any lights come on?
Have you tried a different charger/cable?
Know anyone else with an S3?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
This could be an ID issue. If all the above e suggestions fail, I would rest the phone to factory settings to see if that fix the problem.

Posted using Samsung GS III

sessoo

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Iam having a problem with my 2 days old Galaxy S3, and below is what happened,

when i swtiched on my galaxy for the first time, it asked me to download certin updates, and i accepted the updates, i do not remember what exactly they were, but they seemed like software updates, anyway, a messege popped saying that i have to charge my phone in order to install the updates, and when i connected it to the charger, the cellpohne started updating, two-three hours later i came back to it and noted a white screen, and nothin else, i tried disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes and rebooting by pressing all the buttons at the same time, but nothing is happening ??, can anyone tell me whats wrong??
and what can i do to fix this??

lyndsey8004

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi I am having problems with the screen brightness on my galaxy s3, it just became really bright and contrasty today and I cant alter it no matter what I try.
I have switched off the auto brightness and turned the level right down but that hasn't made any difference at all.
Any ideas?