Screen Issues- Galaxy s3. HELP!

Brie Liberatore

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have no idea what is going on with my screen. I took my phone to best buy because they installed 4.3 on my phone the day before, but they said everything looks normal on my screen....what?! The screen flashes purple when I unlock it and now the screen is sort of filling up with a gray screen and it pixelates everything on my screen. I will attach of picture of it in action of filling up. I just want to know if others are having this issue and if it's worth it to try a factory reset. The picture shows the gray at the bottom of the screen which eventually just consumes my entire screen.

Attachments

• Photo on 6-2-14 at 2.24 PM.jpg
    Photo on 6-2-14 at 2.24 PM.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 8

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

It sounds like the folks at Best Buy made an error or got unlucky and had a bad firmware load. If you show them what's happening they should be able to re-flash the firmware, clear the system cache and perform a Factory Reset - after that everything should be back to normal.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Brie Liberatore

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I took the phone back the next day and the man plugged it into the computer and checked my settings and told me there's nothing wrong with my screen. He also told me he had no idea why my screen was flashing purple. Frustrating. Do you think I should bring it to another Best Buy and see if they can re-flash the firmware for me? I did the system cache today I think by pressing home, power and volume up at start up.

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You'd think it would be pretty obvious - before they flashed the firmware your screen was fine; after they flashed the firmware your screen is flashing purple. It's not rocket science.

Yes, you can try a different Best Buy or you can try using the Kies software on your computer to reload the firmware. Let us know how you'd like to proceed.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Brie Liberatore

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
You'd think it would be pretty obvious - before they flashed the firmware your screen was fine; after they flashed the firmware your screen is flashing purple. It's not rocket science.

Yes, you can try a different Best Buy or you can try using the Kies software on your computer to reload the firmware. Let us know how you'd like to proceed.

You would think they would realize that they did something wrong! I will take it to another store, because for some reason Kies is gone on my phone and I cannot find out how to get that back either. Just my luck. August cannot come soon enough for me to upgrade to an S5!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
because for some reason Kies is gone on my phone and I cannot find out how to get that back either.
Kies is software that you install on your computer, not on your phone. If you haven't used it before just do a Google search - look for v3.

It's a great tool for backing up the contents of your phone, apart from its use to reload the firmware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch