Multitasking - an AT&T thing?

rjnsmith

May 3, 2013
Visit site
As I've stated in some of my only posts, I was a long time Apple iPhone user with AT&T. One of the things I enjoyed and thought I would lose due to my ignorance was multitasking while talking on the phone. I always thought it was just an iPhone thing. Until about 15 mins ago I was talking to my older brother (who has the Galaxy S3 with sprint) while I have the S4 (with AT&T). I accidentally clicked on the home screen, then found myself back at the phone call, then put him on speaker and started using facebook, twitter, wordpress, browsing, all while talking on the phone (Again just like I did with the iPhone)

Again I could have sworn it was with the iPhone, but I was wrong. Then my brother said no way and tried it himself and the phone call cut loose so he couldn't do it. So is this an AT&T thing or what? Are the phones built differently than other providers or is it the cellular network? I'm absolutely amazed. I thought I loved this phone when I got it, but now I'm in love with it even more. It's pretty scary what I'll be able to do now because when I'm on a conference call I love jotting down notes on the phone or doing other research.

Thanks in advance for your response...

mpdofficer514

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes, its only AT&T. Its been one of the bigger advertising schemes they have used the last few years.

Sent From My Galaxy S4 Using Android Central App

rjnsmith

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Really? I don't think the've done a good job at it. I remember ears back they did it for the iPhone... but not recently, and certainly not with an Android, but perhaps I missed them :-/

prophelic

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Not just att all 4g phones can now do it I am on Verizon and my note 2 can use phone and Internet at the same time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I've had that feature for a very long time. I believe T-Mobile has it also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, its only AT&T. Its been one of the bigger advertising schemes they have used the last few years.

Sent From My Galaxy S4 Using Android Central App

This is false. The standard they use for their network (GSM) allows it.. But they aren't the only one :).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.