scratched camera

kelroy_uk

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Ive had my s4 for a week and not had a chance to buy a case yet. Managed to scratch the back camers lens which is really affecting picture quality. Any suggestions?

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear this happened to you. One of the real nice things about the S4 is it is apparently easy to repair. I believe you can order a replacement lens cover online and replace the scratched one yourself or if not comfortable doing it yourself having a local and reliable cell shop do it. You could also go through Samsung which may be a little pricey.

Posted via Android Central App

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
One more thing, the S4 comes with a plastic cover on the camera. It is like a film that is ring shaped that covers the lens glass. The only part not covered is where the lens would see through. I have seen posts from some saying photo quality was improved once taking it off. I kept mine on and have not experienced any issues but thought I would mention it :)

SlickSpur

May 8, 2013
Visit site
One more thing, the S4 comes with a plastic cover on the camera. It is like a film that is ring shaped that covers the lens glass. The only part not covered is where the lens would see through. I have seen posts from some saying photo quality was improved once taking it off. I kept mine on and have not experienced any issues but thought I would mention it :)

As Bob said, I'd double check this isn't the case.

Would be nice if these companies used Gorilla Glass on the camera glass, too. Or maybe they do (I'm not sure)

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
As Bob said, I'd double check this isn't the case.

Would be nice if these companies used Gorilla Glass on the camera glass, too. Or maybe they do (I'm not sure)

I wish they did too! I actually reached out to Samsung about this and they confirmed with me that the back glass is not Gorilla. I provided my feedback stating actually as you just did, that the back camera glass should be Gorilla as well. I don't want a scratch anywhere but I would take a hairline scratch on my screen over one on my camera.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi. Ive had my s4 for a week and not had a chance to buy a case yet. Managed to scratch the back camers lens which is really affecting picture quality. Any suggestions?

Here's a video on replacing the camera lens on an S3. But the job should be similar for the S4.

how to replace a scratched Samsung Galaxy S3 camera lens cover - YouTube

iFixIt has a tear down of the S4 that should be helpful

Samsung Galaxy S4 Teardown - iFixit

Couldn't find a lens replacement, however.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884