S4 signal question.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
My S4 has very low signal usually one bar but sometimes I get no bars but still have the little grey triangle. Do I still have signal with the empty grey triangle? I've sent a text like that before. I'm with EE so maybe that's why as I've heard there signal is rubbish.

My model number is 19505.

Posted via Android Central App

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
My S4 has very low signal usually one bar but sometimes I get no bars but still have the little grey triangle. Do I still have signal with the empty grey triangle? I've sent a text like that before. I'm with EE so maybe that's why as I've heard there signal is rubbish.

My model number is 19505.

A small triangle icon or the letter “R” will appear above the signal strength indicator bars to indicate when you are roaming. Sounds like you do indeed have really crappy service where you are.
You may be paying the big bucks when that triangle is there and you are using your service. You MAY want to turn off your roaming so you don't get screwed on charges, if you'd like to do the following:

You can access the Data Roaming setting by following these steps within the phone menus:

1. From the Home screen, tap “Apps“.

2. Select the “Settings” icon.

3. Select the “Connections” tab.

4. Select “More networks“.

5. Choose “Mobile networks“.

6. Select “Global Data Roaming Access“.

7. Make the following selection:

“Deny data roaming access” to disable Data Roaming.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Data roaming is off & I don't get any R above the empty grey triangle. The triangle should have bars of signal in it but it doesn't at the moment.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Data roaming is off & I don't get any R above the empty grey triangle. The triangle should have bars of signal in it but it doesn't at the moment.

Oh! You just meant the triangle the bars normally show it! Honestly if you have NO BARS that's an issue I would call your service provider. are you in a basement or something?
Old building?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm in quite an old house. At work I go down a hill & I no I get no signal there as the triangle turns to a circle with a line through it. But when I'm at home it's always a triangle with bars in it sometimes.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm in quite an old house. At work I go down a hill & I no I get no signal there as the triangle turns to a circle with a line through it. But when I'm at home it's always a triangle with bars in it sometimes.

Well I think where you live and work is part of it, but it would appear your carrier just has REALLY bad coverage where you are.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah possibly. Was wondering if a signal boost app from the play store would help?

signal boost apps don't work. They do nothing. If anything they may just wake up your phone to make it look for a signal more often. The only thing that would help is a signal amp and they are about 250 to 300 bucks. And in your case it's pointless because it's not just in for instance a basement, it's everywhere. switch providers is what you need to do, call your current one and complain huge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa