Different Lollipop LED problem

moswell

May 10, 2015
Visit site
I've yet to find an answer to this. My S4 updated to Lollipop today, and now every time I get a new email I get the blue flashing LED light. This despite the fact that I've gone to Settings -- My device -- LED indicator and the notifications check box is NOT checked. I've tried checking it and unchecking, then restarting. Nothing works except when I put the phone into Do Not Disturb mode. Is anyone else seeing this? Honestly, I don't need LED. During the day I either have vibrate or sounds to indicate a new email, and I don't want to waste battery power with a stupid flashing LED that I don't need! Thanks.

moswell

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Thanks! Honestly, this seems like something that ought to work without having to download another app. If I uncheck a box that says "LED notifications" then I ought not to receive LED notifications, right? But I suppose I'll probably download the app. I sure hope the free version is good enough for what I need. I especially ought not to have to pay for something that is apparently a bug that needs fixing. Is there a way to report bugs?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree, you shouldn't have to do this. I was suggesting the app also as a way to troubleshoot as well--if you can turn off the LED using the app, then it's probably an issue with the firmware.

The people to report the bug to would be Samsung and/or your carrier, and not Google, since it's probably some modification of the base code that is causing the issue.