Why won't my Galaxy S4 let me update to Lollipop 5.0 from the setting menu?

A

AC Question

My galaxy s4 won't let me update to lollipop 5.0 from the setting menu

I go to the setting menu to update my phone but when i click software update nothing happens an update menu doesn't open. I want to update to lollipop 5.0 and i have also tried Kies 3 but it only updated to 4.4.4.

please help

savuth

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: My galaxy s4 won't let me update to lollipop 5.0 from the setting menu

Hi! Friends,

I had faced the same problem, but you just wait for a while, then it will let you update your firmware automatically. but it will take a bit of time. I have been waiting for months, but now I can update it, now I got Lollipop 5.0.1 just this morning. Now I am facing another problem is the device (Galaxy S4 GT-I9500) easy to become heat once I place with the device in few minutes.

I don't know to fix it, anyone have any idea, please kindly share with us to solve this problem.

CHEERS,

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I go to the setting menu to update my phone but when i click software update nothing happens an update menu doesn't open. I want to update to lollipop 5.0 and i have also tried Kies 3 but it only updated to 4.4.4.

please help

Welcome to the forums!

Is it available now where you are? Can you only update through Kies and do an over the air update?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Hi! Friends,

I had faced the same problem, but you just wait for a while, then it will let you update your firmware automatically. but it will take a bit of time. I have been waiting for months, but now I can update it, now I got Lollipop 5.0.1 just this morning. Now I am facing another problem is the device (Galaxy S4 GT-I9500) easy to become heat once I place with the device in few minutes.

I don't know to fix it, anyone have any idea, please kindly share with us to solve this problem.

CHEERS,

Not unusual after a firmware upgrade or even a reset or right out of the box. Let it go through one or two charge cycles and that behavior should stop. It might get really hot also when you are charging it during this time.

Bigrog91689

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site

Not unusual after a firmware upgrade or even a reset or right out of the box. Let it go through one or two charge cycles and that behavior should stop. It might get really hot also when you are charging it during this time.

Bigrog91689

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site

Probably a stupid question but do I need to have a plan in order to update my phones software? I'm also having the same problem with not letting me update my phone hopefully soon because my phone is running real slow don't know if it's the software or just have a bunch of stuff running. I close everything that was running in the background but still seems to run slow.