My Phone is getting random taps and takes forever to charge and occasionally doesn't charge.

Andrew Shen

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
The other day, I took my phone in the shower because i had to search something up really quick. It was in the shower for about 5 minutes but the phone never touched direct water. The phone was away from spray of water, but was touched by splashes and things. After I got out I used it and noticed random taps occuring on the phone for no reason. So what I did was put the phone in a bag of rice for about 2 hours. I took the Phone out and then started Charging it. The phone charged very slowly and went down in percentages. And occasionally didnt charge. Help please.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just because water wasn't splashing directly on the phone doesn't mean that it was protected from water exposure. A hot shower creates a lot of humidity, and that moisture could have gotten into the phone (especially if there are any preexisting breaks in the integrity). 2 hours in a bag of rice may not have been enough to remove the moisture, and then charging it could have compounded the situation (since charging a phone that has internal moisture can cause more damage). See this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ow-s/477140-guide-oh-no-my-phone-got-wet.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo