need a little help as far as seperating videos from pics in album/gallery

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
i am transfering pics and videos from my computer to my S5 via drag and drop. I dropped all of pics and videos onto the SD card. When i open my gallery app on the phone all my videos and pics are mixed in there together. is there a way to seperate the videos and the pics somehow? if i open the "video" app on the system it just shows my videos which would be perfect if thats only place they were showing. if i delete the video from my gallery it also removes it from the "video" app which i obviously dont want. How do i just have videos show in this video app??? i tried to locate that file on the computer when phone is kooked up via USB but cant find this video app/file. any help guys???

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
235 VIEWS AND NO REPLYS???? nobody knows how to do this???
i am transfering pics and videos from my computer to my S5 via drag and drop. I dropped all of pics and videos onto the SD card. When i open my gallery app on the phone all my videos and pics are mixed in there together. is there a way to seperate the videos and the pics somehow? if i open the "video" app on the system it just shows my videos which would be perfect if thats only place they were showing. if i delete the video from my gallery it also removes it from the "video" app which i obviously dont want. How do i just have videos show in this video app??? i tried to locate that file on the computer when phone is kooked up via USB but cant find this video app/file. any help guys???

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
235 VIEWS AND NO REPLYS???? nobody knows how to do this???

I haven't seen a way to do this. I handle this by saving videos and photos in different folders on my SD card and using the album view in the gallery app.

Posted via Android Central App

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen a way to do this. I handle this by saving videos and photos in different folders on my SD card and using the album view in the gallery app.

Same here seems like best option.

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

How to you do this exactly?

Where do you find the option of where to save specific videos or photos?

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
How to you do this exactly?

Where do you find the option of where to save specific videos or photos?

I think the photos or videos can only save into the DCIM/Camera folder. I just create subfolders within the Camera folder and move files into those folders after the fact. The gallery will find the files in the subfolders and display them as albums. (You can create the subfolders using "My Files" on the phone or the File Explorer on your computer when you hook it up.)

PeterWeaver

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the File Manager HD app, feels like a PC :)

Folder creation, sort by filetype, select group, move-to your created folder and so on, very nice. Shortcuts to folders...