Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fandroid18
  • 1 Post By digitalfreaknyc
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Speakerphone complaints...

    Ever since I got my S5, my mom has complained that she can't understand me when I'm using speakerphone. There is no problem when I speak directly into the phone. I never had any problems with the S3.

    Anyone else having a problem? She says it sounds muffled.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Speakerphone complaints...

    As I mentioned in another thread, the speaker quality was much better on the s3 than on my s5. Which is sad. You would think they always improve things rather than the opposite.

    Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Speakerphone complaints...

    I am having the same problem. Not sure if it is my handset or all S5s have this issue.
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Speakerphone complaints...

    I think it's weird that the speaker is only on the bottom it makes sound quality sound odd. I wish there was one in middle or top and bottom.
    diamondRanch likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Speakerphone complaints...

    I'm not talking about the quality of the other person. I'm talking about them not being able to hear me when I'm on speaker. As soon as I pick up the phone, they say I sound perfect. But when I'm on speakerphone, they say I'm muffled and can't hear/understand me.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Speakerphone complaints...

    One of the reasons I switched to the M8

    Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Speakerphone complaints...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dizfunctions View Post
    One of the reasons I switched to the M8

    Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    Meaning you got rid of the S5 to go to the M8?
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Speakerphone complaints...

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc View Post
    Meaning you got rid of the S5 to go to the M8?
    Yeah. There were a couple of other reasons as well, but I made the decision to return that phone and get the M8
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Speakerphone complaints...

    Went to the T-mobile store today and spoke with the rep. He has the exact same problem with his phone. The speakerphone quality is horrible.
    Also, another problem: if the other person is talking and you interrupt them (or vice versa), they never hear anything you're saying. Once they start talking, your microphone shuts off. My S3 was also never like that. *sigh* Are these things that can be fixed by a firmware upgrade because this phone has so many quirks and problems.
    diamondRanch likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Speakerphone complaints...

    I have the same problem. everyone I try to talk to on speakerphone tells me they can't understand me. sounds garbled and static and cuts out. I went back to store twice and even go them to "swap out" my phone but it still doesn't work right. I can talk otherwise with no problem but can't on speakerphone. looking for help also. thanks
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Speakerphone complaints...

    Quote Originally Posted by laneywill View Post
    I have the same problem. everyone I try to talk to on speakerphone tells me they can't understand me. sounds garbled and static and cuts out. I went back to store twice and even go them to "swap out" my phone but it still doesn't work right. I can talk otherwise with no problem but can't on speakerphone. looking for help also. thanks
    It's a t-mobile problem. They haven't fixed it yet.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Speakerphone complaints...

    I'm on Verizon. I think I've only talked to my husband with the speaker and he hasn't complained. I'll experiment with it.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Speakerphone complaints...

    I have said this many times one reason the speaker phone is not that great is because of the water resistance that the phone has and two there might be something wrong with your's because I'm able to do everything your not able to which is weird

    Posted via At&t SAMSUNG GALAXY S5
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Speakerphone complaints...

    Quote Originally Posted by dougie1792 View Post
    I have said this many times one reason the speaker phone is not that great is because of the water resistance that the phone has and two there might be something wrong with your's because I'm able to do everything your not able to which is weird

    Posted via At&t SAMSUNG GALAXY S5
    It's because you're on AT&T. I've tested it with friends on other systems and they work fine. T-mobile's software has screwed up the duplexing. It's not registering as full-duplex when it should. I've been dealing with their tech people for almost 2 months now. They're aware of the problem and have tested it with me. They know what's wrong. They just haven't fixed it yet.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Speakerphone complaints...

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc View Post
    It's because you're on AT&T. I've tested it with friends on other systems and they work fine. T-mobile's software has screwed up the duplexing. It's not registering as full-duplex when it should. I've been dealing with their tech people for almost 2 months now. They're aware of the problem and have tested it with me. They know what's wrong. They just haven't fixed it yet.
    Well Damn that sucks well let's hope they fix it and get everything back to normal

    Posted via At&t SAMSUNG GALAXY S5

Similar Threads

  1. Android 4.4 OS update complaints
    By FastArrow80 in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-20-2014, 03:43 PM
  2. NEW S5 - Only one complaint
    By rexbaumgartner in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-14-2014, 12:10 AM
  3. Issues With Screen During Speakerphone Call
    By tmann202 in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-21-2014, 09:15 AM
  4. my voice echoes back at me when I put it on speakerphone
    By Moltres_rider in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-07-2014, 04:28 PM

Posting Permissions