Speakerphone complaints...

digitalfreaknyc

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I got my S5, my mom has complained that she can't understand me when I'm using speakerphone. There is no problem when I speak directly into the phone. I never had any problems with the S3.

Anyone else having a problem? She says it sounds muffled.

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
As I mentioned in another thread, the speaker quality was much better on the s3 than on my s5. Which is sad. You would think they always improve things rather than the opposite.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

fandroid18

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I think it's weird that the speaker is only on the bottom it makes sound quality sound odd. I wish there was one in middle or top and bottom.

digitalfreaknyc

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not talking about the quality of the other person. I'm talking about them not being able to hear me when I'm on speaker. As soon as I pick up the phone, they say I sound perfect. But when I'm on speakerphone, they say I'm muffled and can't hear/understand me.

digitalfreaknyc

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Went to the T-mobile store today and spoke with the rep. He has the exact same problem with his phone. The speakerphone quality is horrible.
Also, another problem: if the other person is talking and you interrupt them (or vice versa), they never hear anything you're saying. Once they start talking, your microphone shuts off. My S3 was also never like that. *sigh* Are these things that can be fixed by a firmware upgrade because this phone has so many quirks and problems.

laneywill

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. everyone I try to talk to on speakerphone tells me they can't understand me. sounds garbled and static and cuts out. I went back to store twice and even go them to "swap out" my phone but it still doesn't work right. I can talk otherwise with no problem but can't on speakerphone. looking for help also. thanks

digitalfreaknyc

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. everyone I try to talk to on speakerphone tells me they can't understand me. sounds garbled and static and cuts out. I went back to store twice and even go them to "swap out" my phone but it still doesn't work right. I can talk otherwise with no problem but can't on speakerphone. looking for help also. thanks

It's a t-mobile problem. They haven't fixed it yet. :(

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Verizon. I think I've only talked to my husband with the speaker and he hasn't complained. I'll experiment with it.

dougie1792

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I have said this many times one reason the speaker phone is not that great is because of the water resistance that the phone has and two there might be something wrong with your's because I'm able to do everything your not able to which is weird

Posted via At&t SAMSUNG GALAXY S5

digitalfreaknyc

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have said this many times one reason the speaker phone is not that great is because of the water resistance that the phone has and two there might be something wrong with your's because I'm able to do everything your not able to which is weird

It's because you're on AT&T. I've tested it with friends on other systems and they work fine. T-mobile's software has screwed up the duplexing. It's not registering as full-duplex when it should. I've been dealing with their tech people for almost 2 months now. They're aware of the problem and have tested it with me. They know what's wrong. They just haven't fixed it yet.

dougie1792

May 31, 2011
Visit site
It's because you're on AT&T. I've tested it with friends on other systems and they work fine. T-mobile's software has screwed up the duplexing. It's not registering as full-duplex when it should. I've been dealing with their tech people for almost 2 months now. They're aware of the problem and have tested it with me. They know what's wrong. They just haven't fixed it yet.

Well Damn that sucks well let's hope they fix it and get everything back to normal

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member