Does 4G LTE Symbol is shown in the device? Samsung Galaxy S5

pepejjla

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I know that it depends on the network service but does the 4G LTE symbol should appears in the screen of my S5 when I have it available? In my phone I have seen the symbol of 3G, H, H+ but never seen the 4G LTE symbol... please let me know if you have a Samsung galaxy S5 and you have seen the 4G LTE symbol... I am afraid that it is an issue whit my mobile.

Thanks!

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I know that it depends on the network service but does the 4G LTE symbol should appears in the screen of my S5 when I have it available? In my phone I have seen the symbol of 3G, H, H+ but never seen the 4G LTE symbol... please let me know if you have a Samsung galaxy S5 and you have seen the 4G LTE symbol... I am afraid that it is an issue whit my mobile.

Sprint S5 - Mine says LTE when it's on LTE. And it's around 6-7 mbps according to speedtest

Thanks!

pepejjla

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I am using it in Mexico... with TELCEL carrier. I had an Iphone and the 4G symbol did appear in the screen, this is why I am concerned... I have tried to compare it with another person that also has an S5 in Mexico but I haven't found any one :(

Three7s

May 4, 2014
Visit site
For T-Mobile (USA), the data indicators I have seen:

Nothing (no data)
WiFi
EDGE
4G
4G LTE

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-04-14-28-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-04-14-28-07.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 81

dan122686

May 22, 2012
Visit site
To truly find out what kind of connection it is, download RootMetrics. It not only tells you what data speed you are using, it also measures how fast your speed is. Not to mention this is the "third party app" Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile use against each other to see which catrier has the fastest most reliable network.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
To truly find out what kind of connection it is, download RootMetrics. It not only tells you what data speed you are using, it also measures how fast your speed is. Not to mention this is the "third party app" Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile use against each other to see which catrier has the fastest most reliable network.

Verizon will show 4GLTE. Also, all carriers will use whatever third party gives them the highest rating. At&t claims to be the fastest based on RootMetrics, T-Mobile claims to be the fastest based on Ookla Speedtest app below (though this is a Verizon speed test).

6a9uta8a.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Omegajester

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Open up the build.prop file in a text editor. Change the following lines from klteXXX (the last three being whatever is your phone service provider) to whatever you would like as illustrated below.

T- Mobile

ro.product.name=kltetmo
ro.product.device=kltetmo

AT&T

ro.product.name=klteatt
ro.product.device=klteatt

Verizon

ro.product.name=kltevzw
ro.product.device=kltevzw

Sprint

ro.product.name=kltespr
ro.product.device=kltespr

After chaning the values, save the file and reboot your phone. You should get the icon set as per that service provider you entered.

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site

Thanks!

I'm using Verizon and definitely have the 4G LTE icon when connected to 4G. My problem (posted in a different thread) is that even though I'm in a strong 4G area, my S5 keeps dropping back to 3G - so I wish I was seeing the 4G LTE symbol more often! Something is wrong, but can't figure out what yet. )

Posted via Android Central App

Samson Mapang

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
i am having the same problem as well. I am in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. My dad is using an S4 and able to receive 4G signals.
Im told that not all areas/ parts of KL provides 4G, so maybe same to wherever u go PEPEJJLA, Should be cause of 4G SIGNAL coverage. ;) :p

Raymond Andreassen

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Similar problem:

Me and my wife has the same Samsung S5, all Properties and settings are the same.
She has a strong 4G signal, I have never seen it. Always H or H+.
The only difference is that my phone is 8 months older that hers.

Swapping the SIM card gives no difference. It's the phone!

swagtabulous

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Mine only shows 4G but not 4G LTE although I'm in 4G coverage. I was wondering how people get 4G LTE symbol though. Strange.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy S5

Choke Correa

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site

Thanks!

Choke Correa

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Amigou, lamento decirte que Telcel es una porquería, Tengo un S5 pero también pasaba con el S4... fui a que lo "arreglaran" y decían que sí servía y sólo perdí mi tiempo hasta que alguien me recomendó ir al CAC de Santa Fe donde siempre hay 4G LTE y ya despues de cambiarme el chip y ver que no agarraba me dijeron que era cosa de Samsung, de casualidad al poco tiempo viajé a USA y compre un chip de T Mobile... automáticamente tenía ya el 4G LTE, lo curioso que al regresar a México con el mismo chip de Telcel y mismo teléfono ya agarraba el 4G LTE!! Es alguna configuración que se debe de bajar desde el chip del carrier pero Telcel no la sabe o es muy arcaica. Conclusión si no ves el logo de 4G LTE no lo tienes. saludos!