Complete backup of S5 before restore

joshuachalhoub

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I'm really new to Android. I've just switched from the iPhone which I've had for years and now using the S5. My question is how do I backup my phone including all the apps and their data, setup options, google calendar, contacts, email, desktop configuration? I'm also using the Nova prime launcher.

With the iPhone is was super easy to create a backup to iTunes before a restore and then restoring phone from backup. It seems really confusing on the Samsung S5.

Any help would be appreciated. Please keep in mind that I'm very new to this OS. So a more detailed explanation would be awesome. Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you Dave your contacts to Google and NOT "phone". For the apps, make sure your Settings/User and Backup/Backup and Reset settings are ALL checked. You can't backup your data though without other apps. Rooted users can make an exact image of their phone saved to SD Card. But the Factory Reset and Restore works just fine, you will have to sign back in to all your apps, but you won't ever have to import your contacts and manually install your apps. If you make an in app purchase, make sure you Dave the activation key or you will have to request it from the developer. That's why I prefer paid apps to be a separate download.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi! I'm really new to Android. I've just switched from the iPhone which I've had for years and now using the S5. My question is how do I backup my phone including all the apps and their data, setup options, google calendar, contacts, email, desktop configuration? I'm also using the Nova prime launcher.

Super easy, download Kies 3.0 and plug your USB 3.0 cord to the phone and PC.

Kies will make an image copy of your phone preserving everything if you want it to.
Look, feel (home screens), folders, contacts, pictures, messages, etc...

* Kies | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez