Restore Issues and Samsung Gallery Issues

kvan01

Feb 3, 2023
Visit site
Hello,

New S22 Ultra, tried to restore backup yesterday and it failed so did a factory reset and tried again, something else failed, did another factory reset it didn't really reset as the setup process asked way less questions and downloaded things that I had unchecked. Tried yet again to Factory Reset and left it for a few hours before setting up again and still encountered issues.

Is it possible to do an actual Factory Reset as choosing Factory Reset from the menu doesn't seem to be 100%.

And no apps are showing my camera roll or any albums if you go to upload a photo or video, but when you open the Samsung Gallery App, all my photos and albums are there. What is going on?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled all apps individually, tried the factory reset, etc... and nothing is working. I've tried calling Samsung several times, and they won't help.

Is this because of the restore glitches or is there a software issue I'm not aware of? I'm at a loss of where to go for help these days as the phone was bought from Samsung and they do not care or help.

I hope this makes sense as I was so excited for a new phone.

kvan01

Feb 3, 2023
Visit site
It's possible things got messed up because S8+ was on older Android version compared to the s22u

Try 2 things
Go to settings>general management>reset>reset settings

Go to setting>apps>3 Dot upper right corner tap>reset app preferences

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk

So complete a restore of everything again and then do as you suggest? At the moment I haven't touched it since doing the reset.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
but if the issue is with the restored data how would transferring it from the S22 Ultra to a PC and back help?
Because you can make multiple back ups and select catagories you want to reinstall , it also has the ability to back up pictures and videos so if you have a older Samsung device and going to a New Samsung you can select everything else but say setting back up because that's what usually get messed up from older Android version to newer

kvan01

Feb 3, 2023
Visit site
Before restoring

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Ok, slowly restoring everything but now my Google backup is saying incomplete. Is there anyway to see what is incomplete as I did a backup earlier today before doing the Factory Reset yet it is only showing a backup from 4 days ago which will be fine but it is showing incomplete?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok, slowly restoring everything but now my Google backup is saying incomplete. Is there anyway to see what is incomplete as I did a backup earlier today before doing the Factory Reset yet it is only showing a backup from 4 days ago which will be fine but it is showing incomplete?
Google back up going take time to see as u just setting up

kvan01

Feb 3, 2023
Visit site
Google back up going take time to see as u just setting up

I'm sorry some of your responses are so brief that they are hard to understand and don't really answer the question being asked. When I go into my Google account and see the list of backups they all say incomplete and I haven't started restoring any of them, when I checked earlier today before Factory Resetting the backup was successful so whats changed?

kvan01

Feb 3, 2023
Visit site
I merged your duplicate threads.

Thank you. Do you happen to know why a Google backup shows as incomplete when you go into your Google account? When I checked earlier today before doing the Factory Reset the backup had completed and was successful but now all of the Google backups available are saying incomplete and the one from earlier today is missing entirely which is fine there is one from 4 days ago.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. Do you happen to know why a Google backup shows as incomplete when you go into your Google account? When I checked earlier today before doing the Factory Reset the backup had completed and was successful but now all of the Google backups available are saying incomplete and the one from earlier today is missing entirely which is fine there is one from 4 days ago.

Where are you looking to see this? Is it the Google Drive app under Backups? Or the Google One app? Or something else?

kvan01

Feb 3, 2023
Visit site
Where are you looking to see this? Is it the Google Drive app under Backups? Or the Google One app? Or something else?

Since I did the other suggested steps first, I think somehow that may have deleted my Google Backup from earlier today.
I was able to restore my Samsung Account and OneDrive which was pretty straight forward but I struggled to find where to find the Google Backup. I ended up finding it via Drive but all of the backups now say incomplete and the one from earlier today is gone entirely and there doesn't seem to be an option to restore any of them

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I see the "Backup Incomplete" notification from time to time, usually on my Chromebooks. In the Google One app (and probably elsewhere), it says that "Your device backs up automatically over wi-fi after it's been idle and charging for at least 2 hours", so I wonder if it might get easily interrupted by normal usage during the day. I'm not sure about how to restore previous backups that no longer show up. Are you saying there are no backups listed for that device at all, or that a backup exists, but not from the time that you were looking for?

kvan01

Feb 3, 2023
Visit site
I see the "Backup Incomplete" notification from time to time, usually on my Chromebooks. In the Google One app (and probably elsewhere), it says that "Your device backs up automatically over wi-fi after it's been idle and charging for at least 2 hours", so I wonder if it might get easily interrupted by normal usage during the day. I'm not sure about how to restore previous backups that no longer show up. Are you saying there are no backups listed for that device at all, or that a backup exists, but not from the time that you were looking for?

Very odd as I made sure it was successfully completed earlier today.
There are other Google backups but no option to restore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000