Restore Issues and Samsung Gallery Issues

kvan01

Feb 3, 2023
Visit site
Hello,

New S22 Ultra, tried to restore backup yesterday and it failed so did a factory reset and tried again, something else failed, did another factory reset it didn't really reset as the setup process asked way less questions and downloaded things that I had unchecked. Tried yet again to Factory Reset and left it for a few hours before setting up again and still encountered issues.

Is it possible to do an actual Factory Reset as choosing Factory Reset from the menu doesn't seem to be 100%.

And no apps are showing my camera roll or any albums if you go to upload a photo or video, but when you open the Samsung Gallery App, all my photos and albums are there. What is going on?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled all apps individually, tried the factory reset, etc... and nothing is working. I've tried calling Samsung several times, and they won't help.

Is this because of the restore glitches or is there a software issue I'm not aware of? I'm at a loss of where to go for help these days as the phone was bought from Samsung and they do not care or help.

I hope this makes sense as I was so excited for a new phone.

kvan01

Feb 3, 2023
Visit site
I created a new one because I'm not sure how your site works and if it is the type of site that if it isn't answered straight away it never gets seen. Other threads seemed to have more helpful responses than mine, no one seemed to even refer to my questions other than the hard reset so I was hoping someone else might see it and want to help. I stay up in the middle of the night to be available in the hopes I'll get a response that I can reply too but maybe I thought this website was more interested in helping people with tricky queries than it actually is.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I created a new one because I'm not sure how your site works and if it is the type of site that if it isn't answered straight away it never gets seen. Other threads seemed to have more helpful responses than mine, no one seemed to even refer to my questions other than the hard reset so I was hoping someone else might see it and want to help. I stay up in the middle of the night to be available in the hopes I'll get a response that I can reply too but maybe I thought this website was more interested in helping people with tricky queries than it actually is.
Hello again, no problem on closing your other thread understandable your new here , you can bump your thread up by saying i need more help sometimes members and team members get busy with our personal life or cant come with a solution right away or at all as it can be difficult on some issues in a Forum and br better have someone see your issues like carrier store or such.

Do you still have your s8+?
You used Google photo and One drive as photo back up?