Even after using Force Stop, why is my Magazine still running?

Megaliz

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Even after using Force Stop, My Magazine keeps running

Hi everyone,

I removed My Magazine from the Home screen settings (box is unticked)

I also went to the application manager, "All" tab, and found My Magazine there. The only open option there is "Force Stop". The "Disable" one is grayed out.
When I click on it, I get a warning, and select "OK". After that nothing happens. My Magazine is till to be found in my Running Apps and when I check the battery usage My Magazine appears as one of the top users.

How can I fix this ? Thanks !

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Even after using Force Stop, My Magazine keeps running

Are you using it to power a widget? If a widget, i.e. news feed, or headline ticker, is using that as a resource that would keep it active even if forced to stop. You might try to scroll to the bottom and disassociate it from another app by clearing defaults. This way if an app is wanting to use it that app will have to ask again and that could lead you to the reason it won't close. You might also go to the Play Store and uninstall the updates and either leave at the lower level and see if that stops the issue, or install the update again to see if it was just a bug in the way the update installed the first time.

Megaliz

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Thank you. I did not have the option to clear the defaults, but uninstalled Flipboard updates and disabled Flipboard. This seems to have kixed the My Magazine issue. Thanks a lot !

eMarkable

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I have found Vipre to be a very good Anti-Malware app. It reports Flipboard as undesirable. I also prefer to scroll left (a faster way to some screens) and I constantly am activating that obnoxious app. I use Zinio for my magazines.

Posted via the Android Central App