Why is my Memory fluctuating?

KStro8

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Memory Question

Hello,
I have a Samasung Galaxy S5 and on two occasions I have noticed a strange change in it's storage. At one point I had 7gb used storage and then when I checked the memory a number of days later I only had 5gb of used storage. But I did not remove anything from my phone, did not clear any data, did not disable any apps, etc. Is this a function of the phone optimizing the memory by dumping something?>

I did not have any of my programs malfunction, so what ever the data was that was removed did not seem to be of importance. All of my programs are running fine with no errors or anything.

It has not done it again since a while ago either, should I just let it go and see how it goes?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Memory Question

Maybe streaming or cached information. 2GB seems like a lot though (which is why I'm leaning towards streaming) but it could also be other apps just 'flushing' out their caches.

KStro8

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site

Ok, Thanks

I am just going to let it be for now. It has not happened in a while and so it might have had to do with something specific I did at the time. Since it did not effect anything, I will just forget about it.

Thanks for your comment.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

You're welcome. :) And yeah, some apps do a 'monthly' cache clearing. So it might have been that. Also, at reboot, some apps purge their cached files as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty