Galaxy S5 Lollipop Touchwiz Bug?

Roy Swift

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Just upgraded my S5 on Fido in Canada and now I often get the notification to confirm my home key with Touchwiz Home or Touchwiz Easy Home.
I select the former and it tells me I can reset defaults etc.
It then goes 'home' and I then go into the same menu and hit home and I get the same menu.
So it looks like the default home isn't taking as when you go in system defaults and select home neither of the Easywiz options are selected.

allieebee

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
omg I'm having the same problem!! I just updated to lollipop OS on my Galaxy S5 and now I can't make TouchWiz Home my default launcher! I have tried everything, including uninstalling updates on my google search app, google chrome app, clearing cache, and nothing works!

When I go into "Default Application" and check off TouchWiz Home as default for home, it doesn't remain checked off. It def. looks like some sort of glitch, does anyone have a solve for this? It's super annoying to have to choose TouchWiz Home EVERYTIME I click on my Home button.

Thanks for any feedback! I'm pulling my hair :(

allieebee

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
i fixed this problem thanks to another post in another thread.

go into your "Default Application" and see what you have listed under "Homepage".

If you have anything OTHER than Touchwiz, delete the app. I had Hotmail Connect, and as soon as i deleted the app, my Touchwiz was fixed.

Hope this helps!

Ioannis Tr

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Finally I fixed this problem thanks to you! It was driving me crazy..., I am so grateful to you!!
In my default - home I had bomberman I just deleted it and problem solved !!!

Joona Lehtineva

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
i fixed this problem thanks to another post in another thread.

go into your "Default Application" and see what you have listed under "Homepage".

If you have anything OTHER than Touchwiz, delete the app. I had Hotmail Connect, and as soon as i deleted the app, my Touchwiz was fixed.

Hope this helps!

This works but problem is that I need the hotmail connect.. where you find the other postage? is there more about that?

vroebuck

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. I had to go into the settings, then in search typed in default applications. I checked the box that said Touchwiz Home and rebooted. My issue appears to be fixed! Good luck!

allieebee

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
HI Joona,

I got the solution from the Thread "Galaxy S4: Touchwiz won't stay as default launcher!" by poster Bchildress.

There was nothing about re-installing Hotmail Connect, but I suspect you can re-install the app and just don't make it the default launcher? I'm not sure, you could try that. Or get the Outlook app and access your hotmail from there? I have Outlook and it doesn't affect the Touchwiz Launcher.

Hope that helps!

Alliee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38