Verizon OTA Question....

randyp1234

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I've been getting alerts that update : LRX21T.G900VVRU1BOC4 is available for my stock VZW S5. The notification says that it's update one of two to prepare the phone for Lollipop. But when I go to the info page for this update it pretty much says it *is* Lollipop. From Google I've also got the impression that this might be a Lollipop update that fixes previous versions.

Given the problems I've read about people having after going to Lollipop I'm hesitant to take the update. Can anyone report whether this version has the batter life and other issues fixed?

Thanks!!

Randy

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
OC4 is Lollipop. Unless your phone is rooted, though, you don't have a choice. Even if you keep rejecting the update, it will force it after - I think it's 5 - refusals. It's 5.0, though - which still has a long way to go (at least to 5.1, although 5.1.1. is coming out) before it could be considered stable. (Unless you use the cellphone industry definition of "stable" - "has been released".)

Rebelvis

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been refusing it every day for weeks. It hasn't auto-installed yet.

OC4 is Lollipop. Unless your phone is rooted, though, you don't have a choice. Even if you keep rejecting the update, it will force it after - I think it's 5 - refusals. It's 5.0, though - which still has a long way to go (at least to 5.1, although 5.1.1. is coming out) before it could be considered stable. (Unless you use the cellphone industry definition of "stable" - "has been released".)

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Same here, I've refused it more than 5 times recently and around the time it first came out to verizon I had refused it I think multiple times and somehow it stopped asking me for a while until recently.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I installed OC4 on April 8th, albeit via AT&T, not Verizon. It's working fine on my S5, I have no complaints at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87