One-handed operation (lollipop)

blackberry86

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
It seems that my device is very close to getting the lollipop update. However I weighing my choice of upgrading due to missing features. It seems 4.4.2 is just as good as the lollipop. My point breaker is the one-handed operation available on lollipop like kitkat.

Thanks in advance

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
It seems that my device is very close to getting the lollipop update. However I weighing my choice of upgrading due to missing features. It seems 4.4.2 is just as good as the lollipop. My point breaker is the one-handed operation available on lollipop like kitkat.

Thanks in advance

Posted via the Android Central App

Hello and welcome to Android Central blackberry86.

One handed is available on the stock Samsung Lollipop firmware. See screenshot.

As for KitKat, Android 4.4.2 and 4.4.4, the latest Lollipop, Android 5.0, firmware releases, see, here, beat them into the ground.

Last edited:

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Take your time in upgrading. Unless your being forced to upgrade to Lollipop, wait til they work the bugs out of it. You are not missing anything at all, trust me. I wish I would've waited

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
And yet my S5 runs smooth, doesn't get hot, and I can get a full day's use (sometimes longer) out of mine with moderate use. I'm on 5.0 in Canada, on Bell. My phone is a LOT quicker than it was on KitKat (4.4.2). As ironass says, not all phones are the same. The biggest issues that I've seen with the S5 is on Verizon. Carriers take Samsung and Google's software and then shove all their own sh*t into it, often times breaking things in the process.

I think the latest AT&T version is rock solid, from what I've been able to read.... Verizon just can't seem to get it right.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
True, but I have yet to see anyone proclaim their joy about upgrading to Lollipop. I'm no phone expert, I just see the complaints every day, and know that even after a factory reset, my S5 still overheats and has poor battery life.

Please read posts #1 and #64 of Lollipop, new, even BIGGER, update!!! and also post #1 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide.

See, also, the almost daily updates that Samsung release for Lollipop to the rest of the world, I've had 5 in less than 5 months... S5 Lollipop (Android 5) latest releases

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89